Samsung voice recorder

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
i can not find the Voice Recorder app in the app draw, but when i go to the Galaxy Store, looks like it's been installed because i can open it.

did Samsung removed this app for UI 6.1?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Check in the app drawer could be in the Samsung folder mine got bundled up there
d234fa0e49070213cd38bb8f8b5a968d.jpg

Reactions: jtfwTX

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
hmm, i check the Samsung folder and the voice recorder is not bundled there. and searching voice recorder in the app draw returns nothing as well. i go into Galaxy Store, uninstalled and reinstalled,

the voice recorder i reinstalled from the Galaxy Store has a different icon than yours (see screenshot). perhaps i have it all along but i was looking for the icon you have instead.

on a lighter note, there is another voice recorder in the Edge Panels but it has a different icon as the one in the Galaxy Store.

Attachments

• tempFileForShare_20240302-093212.jpg
    tempFileForShare_20240302-093212.jpg
    987.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
hmm, i check the Samsung folder and the voice recorder is not bundled there. and searching voice recorder in the app draw returns nothing as well. i go into Galaxy Store, uninstalled and reinstalled, still i can not find the it in the app draw.

on a lighter note, there is another voice recorder in the Edge Panels but it has a different icon as the one in the Galaxy Store.

still, i do not know why i can not find/open the voice recorder icon anyway. i can only open it from within the galaxy store.
Long press an empty page on the home screen then choose settings go to hide apps on home screen and app drawer is it hidden?

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
Long press an empty page on the home screen then choose settings go to hide apps on home screen and app drawer is it hidden?
i follow your instructions, while i do not see the voice recorder with your icon. i do see the one i reinstalled from the galaxy store with a different icon.

i gather yours and mine are the same voice recorder, just different icon??

here are the screenshots of my voice recorder, is it the same as yours?
1. voice recorder main screen
2. voice recorder settings screen

Attachments

• Voice Recorder main screen.jpg
    Voice Recorder main screen.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Voice Recorder settings.jpg
    Voice Recorder settings.jpg
    311.6 KB · Views: 29

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
This is by Samsung as you can see voice recorder words underneath says Samsung
d88ff2c907dad106f6a62834e773d4f5.jpg
correct, this is the one i re-installed from the galaxy store. i am merely pointing out the voice recorder icon i have after installation is totally different as shown in my previous screenshot

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
i can not find the Voice Recorder app in the app draw, but when i go to the Galaxy Store, looks like it's been installed because i can open it.

did Samsung removed this app for UI 6.1?
I don't have Voice Recorder either, in my app drawer; not in the Samsung or Google folders; on v.13 UI 5.1
~ on a lighter note, there is another voice recorder in the Edge Panels but it has a different icon as the one in the Galaxy Store.
Nor do I have Voice Recorder in the Edge Panel Tasks.
Only 'Record voice note'. But it doesn't work ! ☹️
Although you can long press on any page, it wasn't hidden or anywhere else in my app drawer either. Had to dwn'ld it. And icon is the same as @mustang7757 & @BergetKing 's, so the different icon must be due to the+me = theme ! 😉

Screenshot_20240303_095328_One UI Home.jpg

Last edited: