Samsung VR

Biker Dude

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
The VR seems to only work through Oculus. How do you move downloaded apps from the phone into the VR menu. For instance, I downloaded a roller coaster program from Google Play. When I put on the VR it does not seem to allow you to run this program.

Any help will be great and thank you in advance.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
re:

Unfortunately (and understandably), Gear VR IS limited to the Oculus Store, so unless an app is published there, you can't run it on the Gear VR officially.

That being said, unofficially, things are a little different. It's not a perfect solution and some apps might act weird, but you have to download a separate app to 'enable' the VR apps from the Play Store to work with the Gear VR.
Google Cardboard apps work great on your Gear VR now! | VRHeads

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It depends on the phone screen you're using, too, and getting the right adjustment on the focus wheel, but yeah, non-dedicated VR sets aren't crisp (if you think the Gear VR is blurry, try Cardboard :p). Even dedicated sets like the Vive aren't super high-def, but at least they can reduce the 'blurriness' because they have a dedicated display panel for each eye and more specialized lenses.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
It depends on the phone screen you're using, too, and getting the right adjustment on the focus wheel, but yeah, non-dedicated VR sets aren't crisp (if you think the Gear VR is blurry, try Cardboard :p). Even dedicated sets like the Vive aren't super high-def, but at least they can reduce the 'blurriness' because they have a dedicated display panel for each eye and more specialized lenses.
I'm using the S7 edge

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it's a slightly larger screen than using an S7, so pixel density is slightly lower. When you're magnifying things the way a VR headset does, that difference does, well, make a difference!

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I recently got the S7 edge and it came with the new gear vr. I have used the VR along with a couple others in the family and it is not blurry to any of us.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah to the best I can. Still a slight blur to it on the main screen that shows my apps. The text is the most blurry. I think that is just how the technology is at the point
My Gear VR came with plastic film over the inside lenses. Also make sure your screen resolution on the device is set to WQHD.

Mine is not blurry. Three family members use it from time to time. We all need to adjust for our eyesight via focus wheel.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
My Gear VR came with plastic film over the inside lenses. Also make sure your screen resolution on the device is set to WQHD.

Mine is not blurry. Three family members use it from time to time. We all need to adjust for our eyesight via focus wheel.
Mine had visible plastic on the inside lenses as well which I removed

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawyer8