Save photos and video direct on SD card

satimis

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

Would it be possible to save the captured photos and video direct on SD card? This arrangement will save me effort and time to move them from phone internal to SD card later. It is also very convenient in traveling abroad. If the SD card is full I just change a new SD card.

Please advise. Thanks

Regards

satimis

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
You should see that option in settings of your camera app
Thanks for your advice.

On Samsung Galaxy S9+ I found On Camera Settings

Storage Location
-> Internal/SD card

I can choose SD card for storage.

But on my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and S22 Ultra, I can't find this option. Whether Samsung doesn't support SD card on these 2 model?

Then what will be my solution? Bring a Samsung Tab (I have an old Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 (SM-T810)) and a large external storage device? Download the photos and video from internal to the external storage device attached to Samsung Pad ?

Thanks

Regards

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for your advice.

On Samsung Galaxy S9+ I found On Camera Settings

Storage Location
-> Internal/SD card

I can choose SD card for storage.

But on my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and S22 Ultra, I can't find this option. Whether Samsung doesn't support SD card on these 2 model?

Then what will be my solution? Bring a Samsung Tab (I have an old Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 (SM-T810)) and a large external storage device? Download the photos and video from internal to the external storage device attached to Samsung Pad ?

Thanks

Regards
S6 edge been long time since I been on it so can't remember but s22 doesn't have a SD card so that you would have to manually move over to portable USB c drive

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Nether the S6 Edge or any S22 model have SD cards slots, so there would be no such option available.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Just adding that the S6 line was Samsung's first foray into life without SD cards. They were brought back in the S7 line. Removed again for most of the S21 and all S22 and S23 phones. Probably gone for good now.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Just adding that the S6 line was Samsung's first foray into life without SD cards. They were brought back in the S7 line. Removed again for most of the S21 and all S22 and S23 phones. Probably gone for good now.
I believe that everyone on that model had the exynoss chip

satimis

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
S6 edge been long time since I been on it so can't remember but s22 doesn't have a SD card so that you would have to manually move over to portable USB c drive
I need to sort out this problem in oversea traveling. I'm prepared visiting the countries in Balkans Penisular in the coming July for 16 days, the members in the former Yugolavia.

I have no experience moving photos and videos from the internal of S6 Edge and S22 Ultra to portable USB C drive. Neither I have an USB C drive for testing.

On overseas trips usually I mount the smart phone on selfie stick taking self-capture. Sony camera is too heavy mounting on a selfie stick.

Can I use an internal SSD drive for testing?

satimis

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

Just took a further check on my old Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 (SM-T810). It has a SD card tray. I suppose this device works on SD card. If so I can connect S6 Edge and S22 Ultra to it and move the internal photos and video direct on the SD card, running the Tab as a computer.

I'll search a cable to connect them for testing. If I can't find the cable on shelves I'll purchase one from computer shop. Any advice? Thanks

Edit
===
SD card works on Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 (SM-T810)

Please see attached photo

Attachments

• galaxy_tab.jpeg
    galaxy_tab.jpeg
    66.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

satimis

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

On shelves I found following cables
1. connecting Galaxy S22 Ultra to USB port
2. connecting Galaxy S6 Edge to USB port
3. connecting Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 (SM-T810) to USB port

But I couldn't find cables;
1. connecting Galaxy S22 Ultra to Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 (SM-T810)
2. connecting Galaxy S6 Edge to Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 (SM-T810)

I have to purchase them on computer shops. Please advise what are their technical name? Thanks

Regards

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae