Save the Splash Screen Image (SD Card crash)

CreepyOne

Sep 17, 2020
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S7
Android 8.0

I don't know what screen to call it, but if your phone is off, and you press a button, before any security to let me in, I have a screen with an image I loaded from an SD Card years ago. I think it may be the 'lock screen'.

It's not the same image that is the background once I have 'logged in' to the phone, but I don't know what Android is currently calling that background/screen.

Years ago I loaded an image from my SD Card - an adorable one of my dogs when they were young and still got along. The SD Card crash long ago and I lost most of my images, but I'd LOVE to try to save this one and I've put off Updates until I can research this.

Unfortunately I've been stricken with the disease of idiocy, so I need the help of patient, understanding, intelligent humans to assist me. I humbly request your attention.

tl;dr -
Samsung Galaxy S7
Android 8.0
Where is the image file saved for the lock screen?
I want to save this image because it has sentimental value.
Experienced: Once an image from the SD Card is saved as a lock screen, it must be copied somewhere, because I loaded an image from an SD Card which later on became corrupted and has been removed, but the image persists.

CreepyOne

Sep 17, 2020
Visit site
Ya know, part of my affliction is that I fret and worry before asking a question.
But once I ask it, THEN the majik happens and something actually usable comes from teh Googles (as opposed to trying to sell me something on kijiji, amazon, or ebay).

Anyhoo -
- Developer Mode
- Enable USB Debugging
- Connect
- Android -> data -> com.sec.android.wallpapercropper2

my image file was right in there as a .jpg.
I saved it and good.

Thanks for...umm...being here?
I'm back to lurking.
Have a lovely day!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central, and thanks for sharing your solution! I would've thought that image was inaccessible on an unrooted device, so this will be helpful for others in the same boat.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams