Screen black and unresponsive

dykestra

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

Today, while my Infuse was in my pocket, I began to receive a call (phone was on silent.) As I pulled it out of my pocket I guess I was pressing the power button on the right side because it stopped the vibrating (silenced the call.)

My screen was black as I pulled it out of my pocket and is unresponsive. The bottom four capacitive buttons will light up if I am trying to turn on and off the phone. It randomly vibrates here and there (not sure if this is a text coming through or what.) The screen came back on for about a second randomly after holding the power button down but it immediately went to black.

I am guessing my screen took a dump but I'm not sure. Not even sure what I should do.

dykestra

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, sorry, should have stated that. I've tried plugging it into the charger, my PC, and pulling out the battery and re-inserting.

Nothing.

It seems the capacitive lights aren't even lighting up any longer and the phone won't even turn on (when I call myself it goes right to voicemail.) Of course I can't see anything so I'm not sure what is truly going on.

dykestra

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
It's really strange, especially since I have never had any issues with electronics, including cell phones. I am a very gentle user and take care of my belongings.

I will say my phone has been acting rather sluggish the past month or so.

dykestra

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
When I just plug the phone into my PC via the USB cable, it recognizes the phone, sort of, and the PC searches for drivers but tries to install it as a modem or something.

I have never put my phone into download mode, so I am unsure of what I should be seeing, but I did not see any change when trying it.

I took out the battery, held down the volume keys, inserted the battery, and connected it to my PC via the USB cable.

dykestra

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Well, I was sitting here, and my phone is still plugged into my PC. Randomly the download mode screen flashed on my phone and then quickly flashed off. Hmm.... not sure if this is a screen issue or what now...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quartetman