Screen brightness

ROE_HUNTER

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Got my Note 9 this morning, did some of the setup, will finish after work. I thought the Note9 was supposed to be brighter than the Note8, but side by side my Note8 is defenitely brighter. I did install a Caseology glass protector on the Note9 before I powered it up, maybe thats it?

Any one else notice this?

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Got my Note 9 this morning, did some of the setup, will finish after work. I thought the Note9 was supposed to be brighter than the Note8, but side by side my Note8 is defenitely brighter. I did install a Caseology glass protector on the Note9 before I powered it up, maybe thats it?

It looks to me like the auto brightness keeps it at a lower level than the Note 8 did to me but when I raise it up manually, it gets brighter.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

If you change the performance mode it gets brighter. Just found that.

GottaKnowTech

Sep 24, 2018
Visit site
Hey, I have been using my note 9 for almost a month now. And I noticed the brightness issue on my phone too. It got real when I compared my phone side by side to an S8. Though the screens are not the same size, but I still find myself comparing them. I found S8 had more brightness and contrast on all occassions, even when I switched my note 9 on high performance mode and left S8 on power saving mode. It is difficult to use the phone or take pictures in daylight as the screen is dark to see it clearly, S8 outdid it. I also noticed that my note 9 struggled with the dynamic range in most cases compared to S8 and often produced pictures with dark shadows and wherein S8 produced well balanced pictures with a better color range. My note 9 produces darker pictures even on 1.5 f value. Is it a case with all Note 9s or mine has some issue or am I just paranoid?

PS: I just got a screen protector installed on both the phones, Note 9 and S8. So, the screen protector has no part to play as it is the same quality and plus, I had already noticed the brightness level being low on Note 9 way before I got the protector on.