Screen cast to LG smart tv from tablet freezes tablet UI

AllanRt

Jan 10, 2023
Visit site
Hello,

I am not very familiar with Android OS. I can enter in my treadmill's android tablet to privileged mode and do cast. The tablet (with Android 8.1) finds my LG smart tv and the tablet screen is correctly mirrored to LG TV. But the problem is that tablet UI freezes and I can't do anything. I believe if I could switch to another app, it wuold appear correctly in LG TV screen. Do anyone has some ideas what I could try, maybe some android
setting... ?

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm going to guess that the tablet in question doesn't have the chops to pull this off. Spec wise it's probably just enough to show pics, some music, possibly a simple video and run the treadmill app.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AllanRt

Jan 10, 2023
Visit site
Thank you rvbfan for reply. The treadmill is NordicTrack EXP 10i and it is able to show live video of ifit workout broadcast, though. I don't know how powerful the tablet is but as you did guess it is probably same crap what ifit software is. Free advice: do not buy anything from Nordictrack! Casting tablet to large display is nightmare; if I pay $2000 treadmill, casting to large screen shuold be supported by default; now we need to active privileged mode and it still doesn't work.

AllanRt

Jan 10, 2023
Visit site
Thank you for reply. Tablet is integrated into treadmill's console but can be probably released by opening some screws. If I look Android Settings/About table/Model, there is CompalMediatekArgon1. I will tomorrow release the tablet to get exact model info.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I would agree with rvbfan -- the hardware for that display is probably very underpowered (because it's only expected to show the NordicTrack interface). Not sure if you'll be able to make it perform better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21