Screen cracked - how to copy contacts off it to use on my temp phone?

anandantwerp

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks in advance for reading, appreciate any help I can get.

I dropped my Nexus 4 and cracked the lower half of the screen making that part non-functioning. While I get it fixed I want to copy my contacts off the phone to use on my temporary Blackberry Bold.

My contacts are saved on my phone not on my SIM card. My SD card is readable on a computer though when connected via USB, I just don't know which specific folder my contacts info is saved in. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers helpful people!

Captainbob767

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks in advance for reading, appreciate any help I can get.

I dropped my Nexus 4 and cracked the lower half of the screen making that part non-functioning. While I get it fixed I want to copy my contacts off the phone to use on my temporary Blackberry Bold.

My contacts are saved on my phone not on my SIM card. My SD card is readable on a computer though when connected via USB, I just don't know which specific folder my contacts info is saved in. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers helpful people!

You have a Nexus 4 with an SD card?

anandantwerp

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Haha no not at all...I'm an *****. I mean that I can access the files and folders stored on my phone through windows explorer. Sorry about that.

debbsc

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm having this problem, too. I dropped my phone without realizing it and a car ran over it. Sigh.

Anyway, while I await my replacement Nexus 4, I'm trying to do all I can to prepare for the transfer of information, apps, etc. I have a gmail account, but none of my contacts from my phone seem to be there. I can connect my phone to my computer, but I'm not sure where to look to backup my contacts either to my computer, or ideally, to Google. Any pointers will be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.