screen disappointment, anyone else?

butler83

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Just got a nexus 6 coming from m8 and I have to say 2k screens are not worth it at all. I had the m8 and nexus side by side and there was almost no difference and actually think the m8 screen is better, think it may also be down to amoled as the colours are horrible. Back to 1080p lcd for my next phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

alexcolka

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Screen is really great, only concern about higher resolution is performance and battery drain.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I don't have nexus 6 yet, but I got s6 amoled screen. Amoled screen is very good!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I think the only screens I have seen that are better is the note 4 and s6 but the s6 is too small. The iPhone 6 plus is nice as well but I like the color pop on the AMOLED

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
The screen is dim and overly saturated versus the competition and very little content makes use of the QHD screen. The saturation can be fixed if you root your phone which I'm unwilling to do. Most people like the saturation as it makes things feel colorful. I knew all of this before buying the phone and the other benefits still outweighed the competition for me.

I considered the iPhone 6+, LG G4 and Note 4 along with this phone.

butler83

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
The brightness is fine on my phone, only around 30%. Suppose it's just preference, I installed Franco kernel for the colour control as whites and saturation on my device are to much for my eyes. My preference is ips lcd I suppose.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Screen quality is subjective from person to person.

I'm personally not a fan of the oversaturation of AMOLED and I'm still not sold on how durable it is, so I'm sticking with IPS LCD for a long time, especially since LG's IPS Quantum LCD display is actually really good and is almost AMOLED-like in vibrance but not overly so.

Though Samsung's latest AMOLED displays are not as saturated as before, which is why I'm slowly warming up to AMOLEDs.

No screen tech is perfect, and that's my bottom line.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Only issue I run into is the low max nits when I'm out in the sun.... makes it a little hard to read (though, there's a widget that can toggle a much higher brightness mode out there). Other than that, I really have no complaints about the screen. When not in really bright situations, the screen looks great. Sure, the colors can be a little punchy, but there's nothing wrong with dialing things up a smidge. I'm not a graphic designer, so I couldn't care less if the colors were 100% accurate and on the nose... Does it look good? Yep...

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
The screen is dim and overly saturated versus the competition and very little content makes use of the QHD screen. The saturation can be fixed if you root your phone which I'm unwilling to do. Most people like the saturation as it makes things feel colorful. I knew all of this before buying the phone and the other benefits still outweighed the competition for me.

I considered the iPhone 6+, LG G4 and Note 4 along with this phone.

Dim? I have to turn my brightness way down. It's way too bright turned up. Perhaps yours is slightly defective. I'm a member of 5 different Nexus 6 forums, and dim is not how the screen is ever described. Oversaturated maybe, but not dim.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joe1335