Screen edge defect - worth trying to exchange?

hypercubexl

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I hadn't noticed this at first because it's very small, and I never stopped looking at the front of the phone long enough, but now that I have seen it, it's all I can see.

Should I see about returning it? Would they even take it back for something like this? It seems to function perfectly in almost every other way, the only issue I've had is the thing with the proximity sensor and screen going blank for phone calls.

But it is a defect, and also means I may not be able to get screen protectors or other things, and it may just be more vulnerable to damage from that little lip being exposed or the glass being slightly bent all the time.

Pics attached. The glass is properly flush at the bottom, it really only seems to diverge in the last inch towards the top. Anyone else have anything like this on their phones?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Return! Settle for nothing less then perfect! You paid good money for your device... Just saying. :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

bc2k

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I'd exchange it. Mine rises to flush near the top edge, not as bad as yours but still "curved." I've seen another person's phone where the screen is evenly lower all the way around; that's what I want.

Because of this oddness and my phone's wifi weirdness, I'm planning on swapping if/when BB gets more stock.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Heat gun on the affected area to soften the glue, then press down screen and hold. It is an extremely common problem with phones, especially during there initial runs. Both previous EVO's had this issue as well as countless other phones

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Heat gun on the affected area to soften the glue, then press down screen and hold. It is an extremely common problem with phones, especially during there initial runs. Both previous EVO's had this issue as well as countless other phones

That's a great idea! Certainly has nothing to lose, and if it gets worse, all the more justification for an exchange.

Reactions: crzycrkr

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
There is a much worse on posted on XDA. I too would return.

Mine is very slightly raised in the top left. Not nearly as bad as yours or even enough to notice.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys83