Screen Flicker Issue

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Each time I go to the play store, the screen seems to struggle to produce the grey colors, and starts flickering and stuttering. It seems to be degenerative, getting worse over time, as after a week, it started doing it in darker pictures and on websites with the color grey.

EXAMPLE
GameFly: Xbox 360 Bargain Bin Games

At the bottom of the website above, the grey menu produces this effect quite a bit.

My local corporate Sprint store replaced my device. When I initially checked over the device, the defect was not there. After three days, the problem is creeping back, again starting with the greys of the play store.

My boss' Evo LTE has brighter whites, and does not produce this effect.

Please tell me I'm not the only one.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
That use to happen to me on og Evo, not on the new one though....I think it's a Google issue.

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

Last edited:

anon(67968)

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
You aren't alone. I have been experiencing a light screen flickering on some of the lighter colors, most notably lighter grays, and on a higher brightness setting. Another noticeable area are on the gray menu boxes, like if you were to go into settings and click on the brightness setting, the grays around the box that pops up flicker. After some searching I saw that the One X was plagued with this issue and that HTC had released an OTA that seemed to have fixed the issue for them. Info on that can be found here:

Screen Flicker - Response from HTC - Page 89 - xda-developers

I also have the warmer colors, but noticed on the Sprint support forum that they are aware of the warm color issue and are going to try to address it in the first maintenance update. I checked out the display models at the Sprint store near me and they had the same flicker as well. Other than the warmer color and the flicker I have no other issues with the phone, I hate to play roulette with swapping it out for another one that could have another issue that is more serious like dead pixels or wifi and data problems. From the looks of it there is a good chance it is software related like the One X so hopefully it can be fixed with an update.

I sent an email to HTC support to let them know I was having an issue and am awaiting on any sort of response. I'd recommend doing the same since the more people that bring it to their attention the better chances of them noticing it is not an isolated issue.

bigjay1641

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm having that problem also I'm gonna be going into best buy later today to exchange my Evo

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

bigjay1641

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Exchanged my evo for a new evo and I'm still having the screen flicker issue thinking about getting the S3

bigrey81

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Exchanged my evo for a new evo and I'm still having the screen flicker issue thinking about getting the S3

Didn't you just read its software nor hardware and will be addressed in maintenance update
?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sams_s22plus