screen not sensing my finger correctly while charging

willlayb

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
i had a wifi issue the other day, returned it and got a new phone, wifi works but now when im charging the phone the screen is almost like it has no idea where my finger actually is. when i type on the stock keyboard it types something like "hchhchey" when i want to say "hey". also when i am browsing the web it does not scroll correctly, it jutters and thinks that im touching the screen in like 10 different locations so it doesnt end up moving at all. sometimes when scrolling down it also just decides to scroll up for no apparent reason.

does anyone else have something like this happen or did i end up getting another crap phone again?

i am using the stock charger btw.

Reactions: LR7

renegademoose

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I have this exact issue with my milestone x. Makes it very difficult to unlock my phone with pattern lock if I'm charging it. Weird thing is that it doesn't happen every time. Hopefully when I get my bionic I don't have that issue.

willlayb

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
well see i waited for a week to see if my friend had any issues with his. none whatsoever. im kinda pissed that ive gotten 2 phones with issues

edit: yeah im on what came in the box...i guess it could be the ext. battery. i guess i will put the stock one in when i get home and try that.

willlayb

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
well i will put the stock battery in it and start charging it when i get home from work. i let it die and then put the extended it to just use that and havent touched the other battery since friday. i will share my results in about 4 hours. i just really dont want another new bionic

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I have the same exact problem which pisses me off when my alarm goes off in the morning and I can't turn it off.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I made a thread earlier about this and my battery life, "Strange Bionic Happenings." It's very strange that it does this...and I didn't notice it unless it's charging, but it doesn't happen all the time, just part of the time. Very very weird.

willlayb

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
yeah i didnt see that until after i made this, i was just looking at titles lol. i just wish i could figure out what was doing it.

appmy

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
...and I didn't notice it unless it's charging, but it doesn't happen all the time, just part of the time. Very very weird.

The only time it happens to me is when the battery if fully charged and still plugged in. If it is charging it works fine.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
It is a grounding issue that affects the capacitive screen. It is a well-documented issue with a variety of different handsets, and it is not a 'bug'. Unfortunately, its a fact of life for screens that depend on the capacitance of your skin to 'sense' the touch, but there are a wide variety of factors that go into it happening.

Reactions: anon(392870)

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Had this issue when charging, but only in certain programs. Had to call my bank because while trying to type in my password it kept messing up and it locked my account. Wonderful.

I was using stock charger with a different/non-stock (i.e. longer than the 6" or whatever it is they give you) USB-to-Micro cable.

sabbath

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
My iphone 4 was much worse then the bionic with this one. Not sure why they act funky when they are plugged in.

Sent from my mobile

willlayb

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
It is a grounding issue that affects the capacitive screen. It is a well-documented issue with a variety of different handsets, and it is not a 'bug'. Unfortunately, its a fact of life for screens that depend on the capacitance of your skin to 'sense' the touch, but there are a wide variety of factors that go into it happening.

so...are you saying im screwed?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexa soundzen