Screen replacement hassel

jfrancis214

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
So I went to Verizon Corp. Store cause I dropped my droid turbo and cracked the screen. No other damage and am using it now to type this. Well the customer rep at Verizon was terrible rude to me and my wife from the moment we walked in. And after about 20 mins of deliberation with the manager came back and told me I was not eligible for a screen replacement cause I bought it second hand. This is the second time I have had to do their job. Well needless to say ppl don't by that crap. The screen warranty well still be there if you buy the phone second hand don't let then fool you and say it void the warranty cause you aren't the original owner. I call tech support and will have my phone Tuesday.

Posted via the Android Central App----Droid turbo

jdfrye

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I bought mine serving hand also
So if I break the screen who do I go to first? Verizon corp store or call Motorola?

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Wow, i guess im lucky i always go to the same store and they have always been great, im in there alot so most of them know my name.

I would be surprised if they exchanged it free being a second hand phone. I hope it works for you, let us know. I have already used the one free replacement w mine, so if i sold it tomorrow i cant imagine the new owner expecting a replacement also..

Im curious to see how it works out for you. Good luck

Posted via the Android Central App

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I thought it was Motorola who was offering the screen replacement, not Verizon.

When i got mine replaced, we took it to the store hoping to get one there, they looked at it and had a replacement mailed to me. They were really nice, but said they didnt keep them at the store. All the mail paperwork was verizon, not motorola

jfrancis214

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I called tech support and they took care of it and Motorola and Assurance are the ones offering the replacement. They don't care about it being a second hand phone as long as the phones serial doesn't show up already being replaced in the system. The morons at the store just read a computer screen instead of taking the initiative to call a upper and making sure the computer is just messed up. It took me 30 mins with tech support and had my phone mailed to me and will be here tuesday

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
VZW probably should have been more receptive, but it isn't their program. They are simply a convenient go-between for customers. The fact that they didn't assist you because your phone is 2nd hand isn't a huge surprise, though they could have handled it better.

jfrancis214

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
VZW probably should have been more receptive, but it isn't their program. They are simply a convenient go-between for customers. The fact that they didn't assist you because your phone is 2nd hand isn't a huge surprise, though they could have handled it better.

Your are dead on

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
My turbo is coming Wednesday but when I want going to buy it 2nd hand CS tools me that the screen replacement is through Motorola. Sometimes the left doesn't talk to the right.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind, since your getting a "like new" replacement, keep the old one a couple of days before u send in yours. When i had to replace this one i called verizon and told them i was keeping it a few days because if there was a problem with the replacement they were getting it back first lol.. They were nice and said they understood.

I have to say verizon has always been good to me.. Just my experience..