Screen Responsiveness.... Poor?

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I can't be the only one with this issue...

Little by little, I've come to notice that the screen response on my Evo 4G LTE is kind of out of whack sometimes. I mean, it gets the job done, and typically you wouldn't realize this, but it has been a little noticeable when I used a friend's HTC One S from T-Mobile.

The touch screen may take some time to respond some times and also (I know this is crazy but it tested well for me) when I played fruit ninja on the Evo LTE and then played it on her One S, the difference was distinct.

The Evo wouldn't react as quickly as the One S and the REAL difference was noticeable when slicing the big pomegranate at the end in "Arcade Mode"... I couldn't use two fingers to get more points on mine as well as on the One S.

This to me translated out to poor screen response; which led me to realize how sometimes the capacitive buttons don't respond well.

Anyone else? Software issue? Hardware issue?

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Becareful, it seems we have quite a few undercover HTC cops in this forum who will get pissed at you for reporting problems. :p

Joking aside, no problems for me either. Have you tried restarting your phone to see if that helps?

naldiian

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Mine seems to be working as well as anything else I have played with - very responsive and sensitive screen so far.

Do you have a cover or screen protector on it; tested with and without those one the phone? All I can think of that might be related...

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Becareful, it seems we have quite a few undercover HTC cops in this forum who will get pissed at you for reporting problems. :p

Joking aside, no problems for me either. Have you tried restarting your phone to see if that helps?

I restart it a bit...

Also, like I said, it's not EXTREMELY noticeable, I just happened to pick up on it when comparing to the One S on T-Mobile...

I just wanted mine to be just as good if not better! :(

nathy321

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
My capacitive buttons don't respond well sometimes either, I have to press it twice sometimes, I made a post about this previously too

nathy321

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
coming from an sg2 I also notice a lot of lag on this phone especially opening apps,.the text messaging app takes a ridiculous amount of time to open, but I'm hoping a software update fixes all these issues soon

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site
coming from an sg2 I also notice a lot of lag on this phone especially opening apps,.the text messaging app takes a ridiculous amount of time to open, but I'm hoping a software update fixes all these issues soon

Well it's not screen lag, per se...

It's more of a hardware lag, as in the screen doesn't pick up your touch as well as it should.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar problem after I installed Lookout security. Especially when something else was getting updated. I don't know if you have that app or maybe another app that is interrupting things.

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I think sense is just buggy sometimes. I have haptic feedback on, so I know for a fact that I hit a button, since it vibrates, but that doesn't always mean it will do what it's supposed to.

Also, have you changed your lockscreen by chance? Sense phones don't seem to understand how to handle it if you do.

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
My screen responsiveness has suffered since installing a screen protector. The zagg hd to be specific. Seemed great before getting it installed. Thinking about taking it off.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Don't use a screen protector. It's gorilla glass. The only way gorilla glass gets scratched is if you're actually a gorilla

PittsPgh

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
IMO: I think it isn't as overly sensitive as my EVO3D was. I have no problems with it.
I couldn't handle the 3D at all without a case on it without clicking something.
Paul

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Don't use a screen protector. It's gorilla glass. The only way gorilla glass gets scratched is if you're actually a gorilla

Yeah, the original EVO had "gorilla glass 1" on it. Guess I had phantom gorillas scratching it up somewhere bc it definitely got scratches on it.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

pteezay

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I can't be the only one with this issue...

Little by little, I've come to notice that the screen response on my Evo 4G LTE is kind of out of whack sometimes. I mean, it gets the job done, and typically you wouldn't realize this, but it has been a little noticeable when I used a friend's HTC One S from T-Mobile.

The touch screen may take some time to respond some times and also (I know this is crazy but it tested well for me) when I played fruit ninja on the Evo LTE and then played it on her One S, the difference was distinct.

The Evo wouldn't react as quickly as the One S and the REAL difference was noticeable when slicing the big pomegranate at the end in "Arcade Mode"... I couldn't use two fingers to get more points on mine as well as on the One S.

This to me translated out to poor screen response; which led me to realize how sometimes the capacitive buttons don't respond well.

Anyone else? Software issue? Hardware issue?

Just played Fruit Ninja on my LTE and didn't notice any lag. Got over 25 pts on that last pomegranate fruit. :-D