Screen turning Purple

leadergyu

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
So I've had my Galaxy S3 for about 6 weeks now (June 25, 2013), but my the bottom corner of the screen is turning purple (it's halfway through the closest security pattern circle).
What happened to my phone? Is the LCD or digitizer broken?
Will Samsung's warranty cover this?
Someone told me it would take $500 to fix it??

Attachments

• Snapshot_20130816.JPG
    Snapshot_20130816.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

iFebby

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Its an lcd problem. Call samsung to have have them send you a shipping label to the repair center. Let them known your lcd is having discoloration on the corner of the screen. Assuming you are within one year warranty still, you'll pay nothing.

As to the place charging you $500!! They're crazy. You can buy an s3 lcd front housing for $120 to $160 give or take.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

leadergyu

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
My service provider here in Canada told me it would cost that much, which is baffling because the phone's original retail value is around $600.
I've been searching for other similar issues and it seems to be a hardware defect so it should be under warranty right?
If it wasn't under warranty, for whatever reason, what is a reasonable cost that Samsung would charge to replace the LCD or the screen altogether?

iFebby

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
My service provider here in Canada told me it would cost that much, which is baffling because the phone's original retail value is around $600.
I've been searching for other similar issues and it seems to be a hardware defect so it should be under warranty right?
If it wasn't under warranty, for whatever reason, what is a reasonable cost that Samsung would charge to replace the LCD or the screen altogether?

Samsung warranty should cover it as long as there is no reason for them to believe you dropped it or damaged it in any way. I can see them charging you anywhere from 180$ to 270$ USD.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2