SD Card Error Message

MasonMI

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
I was using my camera earlier today and now when i try and take a picture or go into the camera it says Unable to save to file due to insufficient file permissions message I did swap out my original SD card to a larger card with more space do i need to make any changes someplace to correct the error message?

MasonMI

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
What size memory card did you replace it with?

Did you replace it before the message, or after?

i bought a 16GB card in my Eris i didnt get any error messages at the time i put the card in its just when its in use i get the messages i may need to format the card?

crass

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
what if that doesn't work. I unmounted, restarted, formatted the card and I still can't save a picture to it. arrgh

strizzle

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I have a samsung epic on android 2.1. I used to have the sd card damaged problem. I had to backup everyday for fear of losing information. I saw on one forum a note about upgrading to a Class 4 sd card. I went to frys and they only had class 10 in 16gb (about $40). I purchased and I have not had this problem since!!!

Problem: SD Card error

Problem Solved: Trash the Class 2 sd card that came with the phone and get class 4 or higher.

Woohoo!

sd card damage - Android Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andi24