SD card findings

Amthebigdog

Mar 5, 2024
Visit site
I hope I posted this in the right area. Listening to the problems people had with SD cards I decided to check a few of them out.
I bought an off brand one, a Kinston one and a SanDisk ultra. They are all 256 cards.
First, I put a load on them. I downloaded movies to them. In this instances there wasn't a noticable difference.
Then I downloaded 7 movies to them at the same time. The off brand and the kingston fell on their faces. It locked the process up and I had to restart my tablet to get out of it. The san disk the noticable thing was the download speed slowed down but still downloaded.
The last thing I did was to try to copy/move files from the internal drive to the sd card. They all did the same when I used a program like X-plore. What I liked about the SanDisk card is that I could copy/move to it using files by google. I bought the sandisk ultra card from ebay for $20 including shipping. I'd say that is the best card for your money. I used a 256 card but if you bought one with more space I dont think you have a problem. With the 256 I've downloaded 40 full length movie so far and not even used half of it.

Reactions: mark233

Amthebigdog

Mar 5, 2024
Visit site
I hope I posted this in the right area. Listening to the problems people had with SD cards I decided to check a few of them out.
I bought an off brand one, a Kinston one and a SanDisk ultra. They are all 256 cards.
First, I put a load on them. I downloaded movies to them. In this instances there wasn't a noticable difference.
Then I downloaded 7 movies to them at the same time. The off brand and the kingston fell on their faces. It locked the process up and I had to restart my tablet to get out of it. The san disk the noticable thing was the download speed slowed down but still downloaded.
The last thing I did was to try to copy/move files from the internal drive to the sd card. They all did the same when I used a program like X-plore. What I liked about the SanDisk card is that I could copy/move to it using files by google. I bought the sandisk ultra card from ebay for $20 including shipping. I'd say that is the best card for your money. I used a 256 card but if you bought one with more space I dont think you have a problem. With the 256 I've downloaded 40 full length movie so far and not even used half of it.
I should have noted before this purchase came with an adapter for cf cards. The micro SD card can be used on older cameras, like my canon PowerShot g3 and a95, and the such that use them.

Amthebigdog

Mar 5, 2024
Visit site
Thanks for that info! I moved this from the Accessories forum (not sure the last time anyone posted there!) to the General Help forum for better visibility.

It's always worth reviewing this as well when it comes to SD cards: How to Spot a Fake MicroSD Card and Avoid Being Scammed
It was after reading your suggested post on How To Spot a Fake Micro SD Card that I checked those 3 out. Although I couldn't say whether they were fake or not I learned that all cards, name brand or not, are definitely not the same. I thought the Kingston card would perform better since it was the more expensive of the 3. Who'd of thunk.

Amthebigdog

Mar 5, 2024
Visit site
Final update on SD cards. I have filled the SanDisk ultra 256 with movies. Think there ended up being 101. That includes 4 complete seasons of the Fall Guy and 3 volumes of the Richard prior show. The sizes range from 750mb to 3.5 gb. They were all downloaded directly to the card and I'm happy to I had zero problems with . If your looking for dependability this is the card.

Reactions: B. Diddy

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Final update on SD cards. I have filled the SanDisk ultra 256 with movies. Think there ended up being 101. That includes 4 complete seasons of the Fall Guy and 3 volumes of the Richard prior show. The sizes range from 750mb to 3.5 gb. They were all downloaded directly to the card and I'm happy to I had zero problems with . If your looking for dependability this is the card.
Glad you found a card that works well! And The Fall Guy, wow -- a blast from the past! I hope the upcoming Fall Guy movie is fun, but it's clearly far removed from the classic Lee Majors show.

Reactions: Amthebigdog

Amthebigdog

Mar 5, 2024
Visit site
Glad you found a card that works well! And The Fall Guy, wow -- a blast from the past! I hope the upcoming Fall Guy movie is fun, but it's clearly far removed from the classic Lee Majors show.
You know that show started as a Diddy (no pun intended) this guy was writing. Somebody in the tv biz heard him and said play that for me. When they went in to pitch it to ABC instead of pitching it the guy just sang the song that became the opening of each show. That's per glen Larson. Have to admit it's a great song

Reactions: B. Diddy