SD card won't mount running 2.1

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
my sd card is in the slot, shows on my computer, but it says insert disk into the drive. also, under settings, accesibility is blocked out, any thoughts on why?
thanks for any help!

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm just scratching me head over here....

sounds like the card is fried and you need a new one. But, I remember I had really weird card problems and turning on USB debugging fixed a lot of those problems. I'm using a Droid. So, I don't know if it's the same process -- but, it was under settings / applications / development

give it a shot, nothing to lose.

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I already have astro, so I can access it on my eris, I just can't access it from my computer. It shows as a removable disk under my computer, but when I try to click it, it says please insert disk.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
So then yeah sounds like a fried card, you could go to compuse and buy a new one that has the adapter and plug it directly into your computer and seeing if it is recognized.....

IzelTokatl

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Simple, you have to MOUNT the card, not just plug the USB to the phone and computer. When that drive says "Removable Disk" and you click on it it pops up saying "Please insert a disk into drive E:" it means mount the card. The drive tells you the card name when its mounted, and does not give you this message when mounted.

When you plug your phone to the computer, it shows up as a drive, but the SD card is not accessible until you mount the card.

On 2.1 :
-Pull down the notification bar
-Select the USB icon (it may already say Charge Only)
-Now choose Disk Drive

In your my computer, you will notice the drive changes and if you double click on it now its accessible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnetteConnor