SD card ?

K3mb3l

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi.
I'm new to this site, (this looks like its the most popular android site (tho it seems to be a programmer/developer site) and i hope someone can help. I have "aTorrent Pro" on my Xperia J, and i have downloaded a few things onto it and i am nearly at the phones storage limit. I know i need to move downloads to another folder on my SD card (Micro SD- if that's any help to you) i tried working it out for myself (seeing where i find PDFs/ text files etc, on Astro file manager, looked on both mnt/sdcard and /sdcard -headings (i took the sdcard out to look on both headings) but im still non the wiser) so where do i put downloades items on the sdcard.
Info much appreciated.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi.
I'm new to this site, (this looks like its the most popular android site (tho it seems to be a programmer/developer site) and i hope someone can help. I have "aTorrent Pro" on my Xperia J, and i have downloaded a few things onto it and i am nearly at the phones storage limit. I know i need to move downloads to another folder on my SD card (Micro SD- if that's any help to you) i tried working it out for myself (seeing where i find PDFs/ text files etc, on Astro file manager, looked on both mnt/sdcard and /sdcard -headings (i took the sdcard out to look on both headings) but im still non the wiser) so where do i put downloades items on the sdcard.
Info much appreciated.
Welcome to the forums! Seems like you already installed Astro File Manager and this is where you will need to create, copy or move the contents from the internal sd card to the external micro sd card.

Open Astro File Manager. You will be presented with the "root" or "main" directory of the device. There should be folder titled sd card (or external sd card) that you will need to navigate to. Open it and create a folder - label it whatever you want to.

Go back to the root directory and find the internal sd card then downloads (or folder with the files you want to move). You should be able to long press that folder and select move or copy from the menu that comes up. Move or copy to the new folder on the external sd card.

If you need additional help or better clarification let me know, I will try and get some screen shots loaded.