Searching for the opposite of a task killer?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
So I've noticed with some of the higher end games coming out that they are taking a good chunk of resources. To the point that they are getting prone to being closed out by the OS if I go to check on something else. The main thing I'd like to do is to simply switch to my texting app and back without worrying about the game being closed out. Are there any app managers that would lock an app open in the background for cases like this? Gets pretty annoying swapping to read a text, only to have to wait for the game to launch again. This doesn't always happen if I go right to the text and back, but if I accidently open something else, forget it. The game would close. There's been a few times it closes, another text comes in as the game reboots and is closed out again if I check the new text. XD

Obviously I could wait a bit before checking the text, like once I'm at a save point. I do do that most of the time but still makes it inconvenient if the game closes out. I do have a manager with a task killer component and have thought about trying that to keep other resources free, but I think they would likely re-initialize themselves and not show any benefit in that aspect either. And before anyone tries to tell me how bad task killers are, I'm well aware of why NOT to use a task killer and I don't currently make use of that part of my manager app. Besides, I'm not concerned about maximizing battery life with this particular issue. I have an extended battery and often plugged in when gaming anyway.