Secure vehicle mount options?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the hunt for a very secure mount for my phone and not finding many that I think would work with my G4 and Unicorn Beetle case. I drive a big rig and currently have this mount.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JR...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4829095

It works ok with a bare phone, but mine has been ejected numerous times when using the case. Potholes and rough road seams are the worst for this because of the amount of shock on impact. The trucks are very rough riding, so most normal car mounts are insufficient.

Basically I need something that not only grips the phone tight, but also has a lip on the bottom (if not the sides as well). It seems that shock causes the bottom of the phone to kick out from the holder if there's no lip to stop it. I've been looking around quite a bit, but have yet to find something large enough that isn't more than a side gripping mount.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I've used the Samsung car mount with a G4 with a case and it fits just fine (it's adjustable, so I also use it with a Note 5 and even a 'tiny' iPhone 5S).

It's a suction-cup thing (but it comes with a permanent adhesive disc, too), though, so make sure you detach it from the windshield and re-attach it at least once every couple of weeks or it might fall off on its own while holding the phone.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I was talking to some other truckers and a few suggested this one.

http://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-HOL-PD3U

RAM Mount is the industry standard for heavy duty vehicle mounts, like our in cab computer and police cruiser laptop mounts. Expensive, but they sell modular designs, so I could essentially build my ideal mount for the cradle. Plus they're made in the USA and have lifetime warranties. Their computer mounts are unbeatable from personal experience, so I'm going to give them a try... Once I can spare the $50 for it and a base. :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol