seeking holster that faces screen OUT

ChrisC

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
Hello all -

I got my Sprint HTC Hero a week ago and am working on integrating it into my life.

I need a holster that the Hero clips into with the screen facing OUT. I did look in the AndroidCentral accessoires store, and on the web in general, and couldn't find anything. All I found were models that face the screen IN, like these:

Seidio Innocase II Surface Combo for HTC Sprint Hero at MobileCityOnline.com
Seidio Spring Clip Holster for HTC Hero (Sprint) HLHHRSAS (is that really a Sprint HTC Hero?)
Belt Clip Holster for HTC Hero (Sprint)

That last one might work, seeing as it has the cutout for the camera on the back, but without more pictures (or someone's experience here) I can't be sure.

I actually intend to mount this holster to a fixed surface and clip the Hero in and out of that location. I just need it to have the clip or whatever backing which I will dismantle and repurpose with some hardware (I've done this before with previous gear). I've seen the existing screen-out mounts (suction cup, cig lighter, air vent, etc.) and they are FAR too bulky. I'm looking for something very slim and simple that I can clip in and out of quickly.

Pointers?

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
You will be hard pressed to find a case that holds the phone screen out. While you have your reasons for wanting this it's just not that common as it would be way too easy for someone to scratch their screen.

Good luck finding one.

ChrisC

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks troypolla. I didn't see the item you're describing there. A "body glove" sounds soft, not a hard shell that you clip into, but that may be the solution if I can't find it.

OK, so let me do this a different way. Can you all point me to car mounts BESIDES the huge ugly clamp mounts that are sold everywhere? I'd be willing to pay the $40 just to get the nice clip-on plastic bit and throw out the rest.

http://store.androidcentral.com/sprint-hero-car-kits-and-mounts.htm

Ripjames

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I bought a mount at walmart, it's a generic mount, clips do your vent, it won't secure the phone it just drops down into it, if you can find one of them might work, I only paid 10 bucks for it, a usb charger, and somthing else

red250

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Holder can tilt 15 degrees in any direction and swivel 360 degrees

Looks like you can just swivel it to get landscape. Only issue I can foresee with that, would be if the phone only "sits" in the holder and doesn't "lock" into the holder, it might work it's way out while you drive, but I don't see why that couldn't be remedied with some ingenuity. Sorry I can't give an actual user review as I just came across it myself a couple days ago.

Last edited:

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks red250, that's very interesting! A nice two part design that you mix and match to get exactly what you want. With a really nice integration with my car. The phone holder part (item 511081) doesn't allow you to turn it sideways (landscape) which is what I'm hoping for, but this is the closest I've seen yet.

With the charger version (I know its more) you'd at least have some connection to hold it in place while you tilt it sideways. I like this option as well and may consider it, kinda pricey. I bought a universal dash mount for my ipod touch that I'm going to try with the phone... someone jacked the ipod out of my car and left the holder. Good thing I have an 8 gig card in this phone.

ChrisC

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
Seeing the news today that the Nexus One has a car dock product in the pipeline ( here ), I thought I'd bump this thread up to see if anyone has found anything similar for the Sprint HTC Hero. Below are two examples of what I'm looking for (for an iPhone though):

Arkon IPM129-ST - Cellular phone holder for car

HAiCOM Custom Car Mount for Apple iPhone

As long as this phone keeps getting sold, I'm hopeful that some manufacturer will see critical mass as some point and sculpt the plastic for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blaze_3ds