Seidio or Htc extended battery?

kylep23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Seems like I read somewhere that the case for the Seidio had a better antenna......may have been a review on amazon. Anyone recommend not getting the HTC extended battery and case?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have the HTC extended battery and have no issues with signal due to the antenna. And I don't have any experience with the Seidio to compare the two.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I've only read (somewhere) a while back that some early released extended battery DOORS didn't have the proper contacts/antenna in them. Don't recall whether it was OEM HTC or Seidio. Regardless, if it were me, I'd stick with the OEM HTC ones as I feel more comfortable with their build quality/reliability. I have two standard and one extended battery (with door), all HTC and they work flawlessly! :) Oh, also remember reading that the Seidio ones that are rated higher (3200mAh) are not any better than the HTC 2750mAh.

On a related note: I've taken the extended battery door off while using the phone in an LTE area and didn't lose the signal. Of course, that was probably because I was right next to a cell tower. Otherwise, the LTE antenna is in the battery door.

wxruss

Jun 7, 2011
www.weatherlink.com
I have the HTC 2750 extended battery and love it. I use the 1400 stock while at home, and the extended while away (work). No issues with connection with the HTC Extended battery door here. Well worth the $$$

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Seems like I read somewhere that the case for the Seidio had a better antenna......may have been a review on amazon. Anyone recommend not getting the HTC extended battery and case?

I have the HTC 2750 and Seido 3200. HTC battery lasts longer than Seidio. That was true under MR1 and MR2. Haven't swapped them since July, so I can't saw for leaked RUUs. Though I doubt it would change. Seidio battery door doesn't fit as nicely as HTC. The power button was pinched just enough to restrict free travel. Makeing it hard to push and/or holding it in down position. It also felt more squared off the my hand, as I use Seidio Covert for extended batteries that really had no impact. In my testing I saw no major difference in signal strength between the two doors. I've used Seidio extended batteries and cases on every phone I've owned if they have supported it. I've been happily buying from them for years. RIM doesn't make extended batteries for BB so this was my first head to head test against and OEM extended battery. I'm surprised and disappointed the 3200 failed to live up to my expectations. Especially since it was noticeably more expensive.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
HTC battery is superior to the Seidio in performance and the back door is fine. No signal loss for me at all.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte19