Selling Gear S3 Frontier - Unlock question

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I paid off my Tmobile Gear S3 Frontier and Tmobile sent me an unlock code. Without using the code though, I was able to successfully connect it to a Verizon IPhone and send/receive calls and messages on it.

Curious if anyone on here has sold one recently and/or they've used one that's unlocked.

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
But did you put it on a data plan on Verizon? Or just using it via Bluetooth? My understanding is that some have had problems getting another carrier to activate the watch due to eSim issues. Might be better now that the Apple Watch also has one.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
But did you put it on a data plan on Verizon? Or just using it via Bluetooth? My understanding is that some have had problems getting another carrier to activate the watch due to eSim issues. Might be better now that the Apple Watch also has one.
I tested it for 15 minutes and it had been reset, then connected to his Verizon Iphone. It took and received calls and messages easily. No connection or visibility issues. Plus Tmobile also provided an unlock code.

fonephool

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I think the issue would be if you are using the LTE version. I purchased an AT&T LTE version from Ebay and because the LTE esim had been set-up previously I was unable to add it as a line to my account. It would work fine in bluetooth mode connected to my phone but not standalone. Local AT&T store said the sim couldn't be reused. I've seen other forums where it seems it can but only after great effort and finding someone at the carrier to release it...