Selling unlocked phone question

Easton091

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I am going to sell my phone shortly. It's unlocked and rooted running cm 4.2 nightlies. Can I reset my phone to delete all my personal info and still be running the cm rom?
Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I am going to sell my phone shortly. It's unlocked and rooted running cm 4.2 nightlies. Can I reset my phone to delete all my personal info and still be running the cm rom?

I'd say go into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik. Re-flash CM, and don't even go through the setup process. Completely clean CyanogenMod install.

I would, however, make sure that your internal SD card gets formatted to remove any pictures and other media stored there. Do that before you download and flash CM.

Easton091

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I'd say go into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik. Re-flash CM, and don't even go through the setup process. Completely clean CyanogenMod install.

I would, however, make sure that your internal SD card gets formatted to remove any pictures and other media stored there. Do that before you download and flash CM.

Ok I will give it a shot

abtxpress

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Return it to stock preferably. Stock recovery and ROM.

Sent from my wireless telephonic device.

+1111111
I'd use the gnex tool to totally wipe everything (internal sd) and flash stock and lock boot loader. Who ever you sell it to needs to unlock and flash if they want or just wait till the update comes ota. There is no plus to selling an unlocked boot loader to someone. Your not gonna make extra money and if he she bricks it they gonna call you ing. I wouldn't even tell them it was ever unlocked. That may also scare off a potential buyer thinking you may know something is wrong and sell it to them. Just my 2 cents. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Easton091

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
+1111111
I'd use the gnex tool to totally wipe everything (internal sd) and flash stock and lock boot loader. Who ever you sell it to needs to unlock and flash if they want or just wait till the update comes ota. There is no plus to selling an unlocked boot loader to someone. Your not gonna make extra money and if he she bricks it they gonna call you ing. I wouldn't even tell them it was ever unlocked. That may also scare off a potential buyer thinking you may know something is wrong and sell it to them. Just my 2 cents. :)

Had it sold on ebay for $192 unlocked and guy never paid. Had about 9 bids total. I think I might take your advice when I relist it today

SuperMarioVT

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
just relock the bootloader and that will erase pretty much everything.. Best of luck with the sale

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Why not keep it...Ubuntu is coming next month for the GNex.
That's the only reason I'm keeping my GSM GNex.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums