JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Every loves to blame Verizon when software does not come out for a phone. Trust its not their fault. They only get the software the manufacturer provides. Sure the test, test, and test again and some times the software does not meet their requirements and they never send it out, but ultimately its up to the manufacturer to provide the updates

Its always Verizon's fault. The thunderbolt is proof of that. HTC had that update ready for damn near 6 months before Verizon decided it was okay. Same for the bionic, and almost all of their other devices.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
but I don't want to root my DNA right now. It works great

Sent from my DNA

I agree with you here. But it's not that I don't want to root my phone (I don't anyway) it's that there's no reason to root it. Because like you said it works great.

In my opinion rooting should always be just an option, never a solution.

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Out of curiosity, are there any ROMs that remedy the Sim card issue? If so I'm jumping on that.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

I never had the sim issue. And all the ROMs I have flashed. None of them have that issue. As far as i can tell. .

Side note. If your phone works great then just leave stock. I root because I know it takes Verizon months to update. Its a good feeling knowing when you root, you will get good support. And it gives you options (sense,senseless, or aosp) each dev has something different to offer us. I'm sure the devs will have a sense 5 port soon.

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Been away a week or so and thought I'd jump back in here, for those of you bemoaning vZ lack of updates, ah didn't the DNA just receive one ? Released Thanksgiving and end of Feb so it was a 3 month from avail. I'm not one to say vZ does great releases but lets give credit where due. This was to fix a number of issues and those that had them and got resolution to their issues is great, still doesn't mean the phone has some bugs (sim/wifi).
As far as a Sense 5 update it will be dependent on what software interfaces exist in the core DNA firmware to the files being added for sense5 capabilities. Once firmware is release it's difficult to make major changes to interfaces of code that can be thoroughly validated. So if there are very few problems in this area then we might see it, if there are a number of interfaces changes required, I doubt it.

xXBLACKBERRYXx5

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Considering this is such a big phone for HTC and Verizon I'd imagine we would get it. I think it says some where in the article some one posted that it only mentioned inernational phones and not American exclusives. Maybe international is just getting it first. As usual.

xXBLACKBERRYXx5

May 18, 2012
Visit site
And the DNA should be more than capable of handling it. Its got literally the same specs as the one just with a diff camera and body.

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
It would be dumb for HTC if they didn't allow every thing to come to the DNA one x and x+. Would be a step back. Just like not updating phones to sense 3.6. Htc is trying to come back. Can't come back by leaving " older" phones. Samsung even keeps updating the regular note. So it would be in their best interest to update them. It would be kinda pointless to release the DNA if you don't update it knowing its the only quality phone from HTC on Verizon

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
It would be dumb for HTC if they didn't allow every thing to come to the DNA one x and x+. Would be a step back. Just like not updating phones to sense 3.6. Htc is trying to come back. Can't come back by leaving " older" phones. Samsung even keeps updating the regular note. So it would be in their best interest to update them. It would be kinda pointless to release the DNA if you don't update it knowing its the only quality phone from HTC on Verizon

To a point I agree, but the carrier's think of it slightly differently. To them, the user experience is what matters and they release a phone at what they believe to be the best user experience available for the price. In user feedback groups they determine that most users don't care about updates as long as whatever they have is meeting their expectations in terms of usability.

There is also a financial consideration in that every second they spend working on updating legacy support, is a second they don't spend on innovation. Add into this mix, that they don't want you to keep your old device for 2-4 years, they want you to upgrade to the latest and greatest as often as you can afford to. New features with a 'wow factor' are intended to not only differentiate the brand, but also provide incentive for additional purchases and continued participation in their ecosystem.

The exception to this is obviously Nexus devices, which are intended for people who always want to be on the best software available.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
There is also a financial consideration in that every second they spend working on updating legacy support, is a second they don't spend on innovation. Add into this mix, that they don't want you to keep your old device for 2-4 years, they want you to upgrade to the latest and greatest as often as you can afford to. New features with a 'wow factor' are intended to not only differentiate the brand, but also provide incentive for additional purchases and continued participation in their ecosystem. .

I think you hit the nail on the head here. The first part of your post might hold true, but not nearly as much as this. It's all about the cash money. I don't agree with it, I want updates, but ultimately we don't get a say in it much. Although Irvgotti you do have a point, that HTC does need to push many more updates. Mainly just to improve their customer image.

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah its def about the money. I understand wanting us to upgrade. But if its about us buying the phone for that feature why tie us into a two year contract? They should make it a one year contract. It would make sense not to push updates after a few years.. Its has the droid branding which is Verizon's brand. (Exclusives)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disappointer