seperating my music and ringtones help!!

fatsack

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
can anyone please tell me how to seprate my ringtones from my music. there in seperate folders on my memory card and still when i play my music they are mixed in as an unknown album.

Droid_Moment

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
I have my music stored in the this folder sequence

DCIM----> 100ANDRO

and all my music is stored in 100ANDRO

I think you placed your music in the Audio section of it, if i'm not mistaken?

fatsack

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
well i tried and it still mixed up. heres how i have it set up

sd card/ dcim/ 100andro/ "my music files"

sd card/ media/audio/ ringtones/ "my ringtone files"

but somehow they all end up mixed in my music.

is this how it should be set up??

how do i put my ringtones where all the factory ringtones are??

i read so much about this phone but i cant figure this out..

Droid_Moment

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
Try gettng then out of the music folder. I don't tink the moment reads folder names and automatically registers it to where it will sort it in the music. On my phone, in the Audio folder---> Notifcations: Facebook Pop is in there. Try putting your ringtones in the Notifications folder and see if that helps you.

fatsack

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
ok i tried putting my ringtones in the notification folder and they no longer show up in my music but they are no longer in my ringtones . i am only able to use them as a notification and not a ringtone. so i put them back in the ringtone folder. i guess i will have to deal with my ringtones mixed in my music

fatsack

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
yes, on my sd card i have a "media folder" and in it is a "audio folder" in the audio folder there is 3 folders. a ringtone/ notification/ alarms. from what i read in this forums, that is how it is supposed to be set up