Service Repairs

RedWing215

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Around the middle of last week I dropped my custom Moto X and the glass cracked. I didn't have insurance, so I went to the Motorola website and put in for a repair. Got it shipped off and according to the tracking number for the label they sent, the package arrived at the service center on Monday, yet when I go to the Motorola website and use my RMA to check on the status of the service order, it says it can't be found.

My question for those who have been in a similar situation—have you received the same message, and if so, about how long did it take for them to update the status of the repair? This is the first time I've had something like this happen and I just want to make sure I'm not missing a phone I paid money to get repaired! :) Thanks.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
They get a few thousand incoming packages a day. UPS or USPS or however you shipped it scans the barcode when they deliver it (in 4X4X3 tubs) and it shows as delivered. Motorola takes boxes out of the tubs in order. Your box may be in a tub that won't be emptied for another few days. It's the Thanksgiving-to-New Year rush, so a lot of people are getting a lot of defective phones (and everything else - Hamilton Beach and GE probably also have backups) and the repair departments are getting backed up.

(It's not like a department store, where they can hire extra cashiers for the holiday season - it takes months to train a repair person, and longer to train a diagnostician.)

RedWing215

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks! I figured it might take a while due to the holidays, but I just wanted to make sure. Like I said, this is the first time I've ever had to do something like this. :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance