• Welcome to the all-new Android Central Forums! - We're still moving some things around, so you may see a few quirks here and there, but we're working on getting things fully completed as soon as possible. For now, take a look around, and if you run into any major issues, please let us know in this thread!

Settings icon disappeared and cannot recover it

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date

mustang7757

AC Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Have you checked your app drawer? Which phone you have ?Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist.https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=409154

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Without knowing what device you have it's hard to answer your question. In the app drawer you should be able to search for it by name, Settings, and then add it to your home screen from the suggestions. If it's a Samsung it won't show up just scrolling through your apps if it's in a folder. Beyond that more information is needed.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Welcome to Android Central! You should also see the settings gear icon in the swipedown notification/quick settings panel.