SGH-i337M Bell Rooting Questions

swent1

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello Everyone!

So I am on the fence about whether or not to root. I have been reading up on it over and over and over, and feel like I have a pretty good handle on some of the processes (for a rooting newbie that is..). My main worry is of course bricking the phone. I have seen so many different methods on how to root and am just confused about whether there is a method that is better then others. I have read great things about Chainfire's cf-auto root, but if I understand correctly you cannot flash custom roms with this method unless you install a custom recovery..? I have a macbook and a windows, I tried using motochopper to root the device on my mac, but it did not acquire root access, which was a problem many people came across also..

To wrap it all up, I am just wondering if there is anything really important I need to know about rooting with my version of phone, any tips or insight and which method you experts would say are best :) Like I said in the title, I am using a Galaxy S4, SGH-i337M version on Bell in Canada.

Thanks!

man-droid

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I too have the SGH-i337m through Bell Mobility in Canada, and rooted my phone using Odin/Chainfire's CF-Auto root. Found it to be quite simple (took all of about 30 seconds). Once rooted, you can install a free app called GooManager which can install a custom recovery for you (just press menu, then pick Install OpenRecoveryScript). The same app can even find various ROMs that are labeled as compatible with your phone. I've helped one other person root their phone (they have the same model as us), and no problems so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332