SGH-T989 reboots on 'twrp' screen - how to fix?

gil_happy

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I followed a root procedure (from XDA) for my Samsung S2 and everything works like a charm - although I did need to use the open source Superuser.zip instead of su-3.0.5-efgh-signed.zip. Now I have a new problem:

- Once it was rebooted, everything seemed to be normal and operational and I verified I had root.
- Then I attempted to encrypt the device from the 'settings' menu. This was done to prepare so that I could 'factory wipe / reset' my S2.
- The encryption seemed to go as expected, however the problem as that when it is performing the factory wipe, once it reboots, it always comes up to the 'twrp' screen. I believe if I don't perform the 'factory wipe', it reboots as normal.

How do I prevent this from happening? Any help is greatly appreciated!

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I followed a root procedure (from XDA) for my Samsung S2 and everything works like a charm - although I did need to use the open source Superuser.zip instead of su-3.0.5-efgh-signed.zip. Now I have a new problem:

- Once it was rebooted, everything seemed to be normal and operational and I verified I had root.
- Then I attempted to encrypt the device from the 'settings' menu. This was done to prepare so that I could 'factory wipe / reset' my S2.
- The encryption seemed to go as expected, however the problem as that when it is performing the factory wipe, once it reboots, it always comes up to the 'twrp' screen. I believe if I don't perform the 'factory wipe', it reboots as normal.

How do I prevent this from happening? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Welcome to Android Central!

If you have TWRP installed you will need to do the factory wipe through TWRP no the phone settings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rock09