SGP Steinheil screen protector cutouts?

mwandroboy

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone purchased and used SGP steinheil screen protector? I have ordered mine and it's still getting delivered. However, it doesn't look like to have a camera cutout in the image in their product page. Does anybody know if it can affect the proximity?

Last edited:

rockyjay

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: SGP Steinheil screen protector

it shouldn't hurt it. I have one that covered the sensor and it worked fine.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
No cutout. I just installed on 4 phones and no issues with the sensor. There are some in an XDA thread having some issues, but it looks like most are pretty good. Best screen protectors ever

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Okay i got my Steinheil Ultra Crystal today. After putting on Zagg protectors in the past, what a blessing this protector is lol.

Installed and removed the few bubbles in about 1:30 seconds. No comparison really. The feel is much slicker but there is still some drag although its very minimal.

I'll be jack hammering later tonight at work so we'll see how it holds up in a dusty pocket :)

For anyone getting ready to put one on... There is about 1/32'' cut back from the edge to keep it from lifting so hold it down from the top ever so slightly. I put mine on right tight to the top and it leaves a very small edge where it could start to lift (we'll see) but i did get 2 in the pack so i'm not worried about that

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
The drag you feel initially will go away withing a few days. I think its something residual from the film or manufacturing process. I've had it on every one I've ever had. Note for everyone, the side labeled "2" is the adhesive side that goes against the screen. Its not clear in the instructions.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2