SGT3 7": Just Got Mine Today....

mlauzon

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
So, I got my SGT3 7" today, it was "free" through a promotion with TD Canada Trust.

It's my first tablet, but I don't like calling it the GT3, more like GT2.5, as they hardly upped the specs for the 7" version. It's the 8GB version, but the funny thing is, just under 3GB is taken by the OS, etc. so you're left with about 4.90GB of 5.14GB...and this is supposed to be 8GB; so what the hell is going on?!

The other problem is that it's wifi, and I don't have a wifi router, so I have no idea how I'm going to get stuff on it, unless I go to the library when I want to check for updates, but that's just a waste of time.

I really wish Comixology would come out with a desktop app, so you could download all your comics to your local PC, then transfer them to your phone and/or tablet!

Last edited:

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
At least you got your tab free. So you can't go wrong with that.
I hear where you are coming from in regards to the storage being taken up by the OS. Pretty much every device on the market is like that now though. They advertise a said amount of storage, only to have a couple of GB's taken up already. It is frustrating. The upside with Samsung though is you have micro SD support. I am glad Samsung is staying strong with that feature.

What kind of mobile do you have? Most phones now a days have a mobile hot spot ability. That could solve your wifi problem. Just turn your phone into a wifi router and your golden.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 2!

mlauzon

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I have the SGS4 which I also got for free from MobileSyrup.com as I won a contest for the Telus version. But, I only get 1GB of mobile data, so using it as a hotspot is not an option.

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I see. 1GB of data can be hard to manage with smart phones. Especially if it would be your only source of Internet.
Personally I don't see the point of a tablet with a data radio in it. Wifi only tablets make perfect sense. But to each their own.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 2!

mlauzon

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I've got a desktop & laptop computer, so my smartphone is not my only way to access the Web. But we have ****ty cell plans in Canada, well, same could be said for Internet access plans as well!