SHIELD Game Streaming: Hardware which is "higher than Requirements" (but does not yet work)

DrJinx

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
SHIELD Game Streaming: Hardware which is "higher than Requirements" (but does not yet work)

Hi everyone-

I am running a GTX 680
with
AMD A10-6800K (I use the above mentioned GTX 680, onboard graphics are disabled).
The AMD A10-6800K clocks at 4.1GHz (no overclock).

Despite my AMD A10-6800K being in the "or higher" department, I do not meet the minimum requirements in GeForce Experience for Game Streaming Beta, as AMD A10-6800K is unsupported.

I worked with Tech Support and they agree that I cannot use Streaming.

I am disappointed to learn this, as my PC was purchased just for this task and arrived on the same day as my SHIELD.

Does anyone have a direct link for specific supported CPUs? I cannot find one via Google/SHIELD FAQ or SHIELD manual and the NVIDIA Tech Support person (who was quite helpful overall and very thorough and polite) could not supply me with one either.

My hope is that this thread can be a list of sorts for hardware that is "higher than" the requirements, but isn't actually supported yet.

DrJinx

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: SHIELD Game Streaming: Hardware which is "higher than Requirements" (but does not yet work)

FYI on this issue-
From an NVIDIA Employee/Mod over at the SHIELD forum:
"After discussion, we have decided not to whitelist CPUs for streaming anymore. While we will still recommend CPUs as before, we will no longer disable streaming to SHIELD if your CPU is not part of the whitelist."

Post 17:
http://forums.geforce.com/default/t...e-the-minimum-requirements-but-is-unsupported

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wadeharper