Shipping when ordered from Moto?

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi all. I placed an order recently from Moto using thre cyber Monday code. Did everyone get shipping notice when it originally shipped? I ask because I'm rarely home to sign for it so I schedule pickup at ups/fedex. I just want to make sure I know when it's coming.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If it's shipped UPS or FedEx you'll normally get a "door hanger" hanging on your front doorknob telling you that it's waiting for pickup.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I usually schedule it to be held at the facility before they even make an attempt using ups my choice or the FedEx equivalent.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
It will ship via Fedex from China. You should get an email from Motorola when it ships with the tracking number. You can then go to the Fedex website to change the shipping destination (e.g. to a local Fedex/Kinkos) or to have them hold it for pickup.

benrk

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Did any of yours come early? Mine looks like it is set to come tomorrow, and the expected day is Wednesday.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Estimated delivery when ordered was Wednesday. When shipped they moved it up to Tuesday, which is what fedex still lists as delivery date. Package arrived at my destination sorting facility on Saturday evening so I'm hoping it will go out for delivery on Monday.

Kenrw8

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I ordered mine on cyber Monday delivery due 15 Dec (UK). Tracking shows not collected yet (shezhan, China) so I'm not going get it early. When queried Motorola last Friday told it was not in production yet should ready soon. Also not Motorola took payment on 3 Dec and not on day of despatch/ courier collection.

Sent from my XT1052 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I ordered mine on Cyber Monday and at the time of order the estimated delivery date was the 10th. It was delivered to my home on the 5th..

cyndie1030

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm starting to get concerned. I ordered mine Monday night with the code and mine is still showing as Unshipped with an estimated date of 12/10. I chatted with them late last week and they said it is showing as Open and Processing in their system and I would get it on Wednesday but I'm thinking that is unlikely if it still hasn't even shipping from China yet.

anon(6038817)

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I ordered a 32GB slate back, black front, royal blue accents VZW version on the evening of 12/2 (Mountain Standard Time). The order had an estimated delivery date of 12/11 that was later revised to 12/12.

When I received confirmation that it had been shipped, the FedEx website had the delivery estimated for 12/10.

It shipped on Friday 12/5 from Shenshen, China.

Arrived in Anchorage, Alaska 12/6, then Memphis, Tennessee on 12/7.

I just received notification that it was delivered to my home this morning, 12/8!

I'm very happy and excited to start tinkering with it when I get home from work this evening.

StevenX

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Something odd is going on with mine too. Ordered mine on Cyber Monday in the UK. It's been picked up from Moto's factory in Shenzen and I have a DHL tracking number for it but it hasn't had a scan since Wednesday 3rd, so looks to have not moved since then.

I called DHL today who don't really seem to have an idea where it is and are still looking into it :(

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I ordered on December 2, and the estimated ship (or arrival, don't remember which) date was December 12. However, on Friday, December 5, I received a shipping notice. Tracking showed it shipping from Shenzhen, China. This morning, Monday, December 8, it showed up at home at 8:55 AM. Since Friday afternoon (China time) it has been in China, Hong Kong, Anchorage, Memphis, and local in PA. I live in Pennsylvania FWIW.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I should have had mine held at the FedEx facility. I ordered mine last wed with a cyber Monday code and FedEx delivered it to the wrong address. I'm still trying to get the package delivered. Apparently as of right now FedEx has a pickup scheduled to get my package back from the incorrect address.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm very impressed with Motorola right now.
Ordered my Moto X (with the promo) on December 7th (early early early in the morning; it was like 2am, right before going to sleep), and I got a shipping notification a couple hours ago. Fedex says delivery on Thursday before 10:30am.

32GB Pure Edition, White front, Slate back, and Silver trim.

I'm excited!

dazzer87

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Order on the Dec 1. Dec 5 (Saturday) got a email saying its shipping out from China with a Estimated delivery date of Dec 10. I ended up getting it this morning. I am in SoCal.

Kenrw8

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Well good news with mine got notification it has arrived in the UK, so expect to receive tomorrow

Sent from my XT1052 using Tapatalk

bevcraw

Net Mod Emeritus
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I also ordered mine on Cyber Monday and was given a delivery date of 10 Dec. Once it was shipped, I was given a delivery date of 9 Dec. It showed up yesterday (8 Dec). And that's with a Fedex "weather event" in Memphis that delayed sorting.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca