shooting video silences system sounds

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I shoot a video (default camera app), my S22 Ultra turns off system sounds. That makes sense during the video, but the system sounds remain off afterward until I manually move the system-sound slider back up. It's especially annoying if I'm alternating between taking videos and photos, because I like to hear the shutter sound as confirmation that a photo was taken, but the shutter sound goes away when system sounds are turned off.

I originally encountered this problem on my S21 Ultra, but it has followed me to my new S22 Ultra, so I assume it's a widespread issue.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I sent a bug report to Samsung a while ago and just received a reply.

My bug report:

​Whenever I use the built-in camera app to take a video, it sets the System Sound level to zero and leaves it there, even after I exit from the camera app. Temporarily muting system sounds during video recording is reasonable, but the system-sound level should automatically return to its previous setting afterward. Instead, it remains at zero until it's manually set to the desired level again.

This is not a problem with my phone alone. All S22s have had this problem for months, as you can easily confirm. It is a system software bug. My firmware and all apps are up-to-date.

Samsung's reply:

​- Remove the ringer mode condition. and fix it to enable when the system sound is disabled at the start of recording
Problem Countermeasure : Issue is fixed on the latest version.

They don't say which is the "latest version". I'm fully up to date, but it's still broken. Hopefully the next firmware or camera app will fix it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey