shortcuts to individual document on home screen

samkatz

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Can't figure this out. I have astro file Mgr. All i want to do is access a pdf file directly from a home screen.

Thank you

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
i use a app called File manager (free in market), any of the other ones listed will also work.
create a widget, select your file and place the widget any where you want.

What i do (I like a clean home screen) Is use Apex launcher and you can set up those shortcuts as gestures, swipe up is my golf league schedule, swipe down is for what ever work document is important at the moment and so on. you can set up four gestures with the free version of Apex.

Reactions: samkatz

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't think you can use Astro to widget shortcut a specific file, just a directory.

In Estrongs, you can long-press the file you want, and then select "Shortcut" and it will place the shortcut on your current homescreen (if there is room).

Reactions: samkatz

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you can use Astro to widget shortcut a specific file, just a directory.

no, you can do single files too:
Screenshot_2012-06-01-00-18-14.png
Screenshot_2012-06-01-00-18-22.png
Screenshot_2012-06-01-00-18-28.png

I kinda wanna keep that song there now, haha. One of my favorite FNM songs.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
no, you can do single files too:
I kinda wanna keep that song there now, haha. One of my favorite FNM songs.

How did you pull up the menu to add the shortcut? When I long press a file, there are no choices for a shortcut. And none of the UI menu options are to create a shortcut.

mudwoman

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
On the S3, once you have installed Astro file manager, go to the Apps, select the Widgets tab at the top of the screen, then look for an Astro widget (It'll just say "Astro.") Long-press it, and put it on one of your screens. Once you let go, you will get the screens that hmackenz posted, where you can select the PDF document you want to shortcut. Once you select the document, you'll get the option to name it, and then when you click "OK," you'll have your shortcut! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rsbshshgdgdbxjdhd5775