Should i be worry about being rooted with a warranty?

ahawkua

Banned
Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
i am worrying because i am rooted and using a custom ROM on the Huawei Fusion 2 (AT&T), should i be worried that something will happen to my phone? Has anyone ever sent a rooted phone in for warranty? I am just worrying that if something happened i wouldn't be helped since i am rooted, what are your opinions/suggestions/experiences? please help!!

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I have read where peoples warranty were voided due to them finding out they were rooted.

Sent from my Nexus 4 running Android 4.3 using Tapatalk 4

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
It's usually a simple matter to restore your device back to the stock ROM and remove root.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
i am worrying because i am rooted and using a custom ROM on the Huawei Fusion 2 (AT&T), should i be worried that something will happen to my phone? Has anyone ever sent a rooted phone in for warranty? I am just worrying that if something happened i wouldn't be helped since i am rooted, what are your opinions/suggestions/experiences? please help!!

You always run that risk when you root. Most of the time as previously stated you should have the chance to return it to stock before sending it back to ATT but there is always that chance that the charging port goes out or something malfunctions to where you can't return it to stock. The way I view it is: If something happens to where I can't get it back to stock I can either file an insurance claim and pay 200 bucks for a replacement, or if it's rooted but on the stock rom you can take your chances with just sending it in to the warranty department.