Should I buy an unlocked LG G4 (H815 Internationl Version) from a seller on Amazon?

A

AC Question

Unlocked LG G4 (H815 Internationl Version)

I'm up in the air about whether to purchase the above International unlocked LG G4 from a seller on Amazon even though many buyers have made positive reviews of the seller and the phone.

I no it will not have any warranty here ion the USA but the real reason I want the unlocked version is because I don't want to be tied to a contract, which comes to my main question.

I know this phone is designed to work with AT&T & T-Mobil (GSM), that being said I would like to be able to purchase those Go Phone cards from Walmart along with their startup kit that includes a SIM card, and since the Go Phone pay as you go phone cards are AT&T who sells them on their own web site, so my main question is
Will the GO Phone SIM card and plan will work on a LG G4 and pick up 4G-Lite?,

The main reason I'm asking is because when I visited the AT&T web site and looked at a page the showed which phones will work with GO Phone plan the LG G4 was not listed.

robef

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: Unlocked LG G4 (H815 Internationl Version)

I bought the H815 from Amazon and I love it. I don't use Go Phone but I do have AT&T, and it does get 4G. As far as I'm aware from what I've read, Go Phone does work, but maybe someone who has it with the H815 can chime in and confirm.

The only thing I don't like about the H815 is you won't get visual voicemail (unless you download a non-official app, which I haven't tried yet, myself). Everything else about the H815 is spectacular. The only other issue I have come across so far is that it took a little figuring out to get Smartworld to run properly, but it works after some fiddling. The other features that the H815 has that AT&T disabled are great, and not having the bloatware is a big plus, too.

Good luck with your decision.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: Unlocked LG G4 (H815 Internationl Version)

I'm using the H815 on GoPhone and it works fine. My particular phone was a Korean version I think. It is missing future frequencies like band 29 or 30 and the AT&T version has one of those, but that doesn't seem to be a big deal yet. The lack of warranty concerns me a little, hopefully LG will still support it if asked like I've experienced with apple or Sony.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlantisx