Should I buy LG G5?

JD 96

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
Okay, as many other smartphones the G5 isn't perfect. But I've been reading a lot about its advantages and disadvantages. The thing that bothers me most, is the image retention problem, which as I can see happened to many G5s. So:
- Is there any way to fix this?
- Why does it happen (where did LG went wrong)?
- If you had any other problems with the G5, please inform me about them, and how you fixed them (if you did).
Overall I want your experience with the G5.
*Also, I'm a former LG G2 user, and I was more than impressed by that phone - so I'm afraid the G5 might not reach my expectations (compared to the what the G2 was in its time, and it actually is now).
Thank you for your answers.

mikey1273

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
I think the G5 so far is a good phone it has good specs. It works well enough for me. What made me buy it over moto G4 Plus and Galaxy S7 was the removable battery and the dual rear cameras, the deal I got from B&H was pretty good too. We will see how long it lasts and how well LG supports it that is going to be the big thing for me as I like to keep phones 2 or 3 years. Image ghosting is one thing I seen on mine a few times, I dont think there is a fix but it goes away and is not always seen.

The modular design and friends did not seem to catch on so LG will probably abandon that idea. I. Dont plan to buy any of the "Friends" myself.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I think it would depend on the price for each. I'm sure the G5 will be dropping in price once the G6 is released. I have had absolutely no issues with my G5, so I'd highly recommend it, especially since it has a removable battery. I've heard the G6 will not.

JD 96

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
The price dropping with the release of the G6 is another thing that's bugging me. I've been searching for a phone to buy couple of months now, and I really want to finally buy one, and not wait for another month, or two, or three for the G6 to appear on the market. I really don't think I can find any other phone in this price range, that's better than the G5.
- And, I guess you didn't have any problem with the screen so far.. ?
Thank you for your opinion :)

mikey1273

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
I only notice it when using the phone in lower light and is usually the keyboard that i see ghosting a little after its not on screen.

Greedog

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I have no ghosting issue on my G5. This is the first I've heard of it. I've had mine since June. It's a solid unit. It's made me more than happy. I would totally recommend this phone.

I'm definitely going to keep a lookout for the ghosting now that it's been mentioned.

DizturbedOne

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site
I bought one for me and my wife shortly after launch. We both love our phones.

For nearly double the money on an iPhone or Samsung all you'll get is a slightly better screen and battery life.

But then again, after a year I always need a new battery due to the extreme amount of screen time and charges my phone gets. At that point a phone without a replaceable battery becomes a piece of junk and I become tethered to an outlet to get anything done.

I have had my keyboard ghost on my screen recently (it's basically always on screen) but I simply ran a "burn in fix" video on YouTube overnight and it was gone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCyberCat