Should I buy Moto X (1st Gen) or Moto G (2nd Gen)?

justine leno

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

Can one please recommend that should I go for moto x (2013) or moto g (2014). My needs- email, wats app, YouTube, high quality photographs etc. no games period. Also I want one that is relatively future proof as I won’t change it for at least 3 years. Price don’t matter much now as they are in sam range.

I went through the comparison of the specs so my main questions (apart from the over-arching question of which one should I buy) are:

1. Better Camera Resolution: Moto X-10 MP and Moto G (2nd Gen) -8 MP. but didn’t moto x camera perform very ordinary? So specs aside which is the better one?

2. Faster Download Speed: Moto X - 42.2 Mbps and Moto G (2nd Gen) 21 Mbps – does the speed difference actually make a difference for every day users like me?

3. CPU, cores and RAM – moto x is 1.7 GHz and Moto G (2nd Gen) 1.2 GHz. X is dual core but G is quad-core. X has 2 gb ram and G has 1 Gb. Point being all this technical stuff aside which is then the faster one? And should I even care considering my simple usage?

Thanks guys!

AO12834

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: Should i buy Moto X (1st Gen) or Moto G (2nd Gen)

Honestly for your needs, the moto g 2nd generation should be a little cheaper and better for your needs. You get a bigger screen for YouTube, email, and what's app should be about the same, but the only difference should be camera quality. In my opinion both are extremely smooth devices and for what you are doing, either one should be fine, but I would go moto g.

Akinpelu Tobi

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: Should i buy Moto X (1st Gen) or Moto G (2nd Gen)

I would advice you go for Moto G, its more recent, and will still be on point even till the next 3 years than X, despite the lower specs to X. For your needs, go for G, as the above post said.

Marcin Stachurski

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

Can one please recommend that should I go for moto x (2013) or moto g (2014). My needs- email, wats app, YouTube, high quality photographs etc. no games period. Also I want one that is relatively future proof as I won’t change it for at least 3 years. Price don’t matter much now as they are in sam range.

I went through the comparison of the specs so my main questions (apart from the over-arching question of which one should I buy) are:

1. Better Camera Resolution: Moto X-10 MP and Moto G (2nd Gen) -8 MP. but didn’t moto x camera perform very ordinary? So specs aside which is the better one?

2. Faster Download Speed: Moto X - 42.2 Mbps and Moto G (2nd Gen) 21 Mbps – does the speed difference actually make a difference for every day users like me?

3. CPU, cores and RAM – moto x is 1.7 GHz and Moto G (2nd Gen) 1.2 GHz. X is dual core but G is quad-core. X has 2 gb ram and G has 1 Gb. Point being all this technical stuff aside which is then the faster one? And should I even care considering my simple usage?

Thanks guys!

Don't let the camera specs fool you, they're both equally bad lol. Just kidding, the Moto G performs quite well as a camera and is more recent. The 1 gig of ram is more than you need for the usage you mentioned. Nice little device and is more inexpensive. Have fun with it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blaze_3ds