Should I get an S6 replacement? Black screen of death.. again!

Throwbackent

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
It's almost been a month since I purchased my 64gb white verizon Galaxy S6. So far I had one black screen of death with the blue flashing LED and several dropped calls and signal issues. Verizon has worked with me and sent me a new SIM card, which actually solved my signal issues.

Then this morning I took the phone off the charger and it had the black screen of death again, this time with a solid green LED (not flashing). It took me over an hour to finally get the phone to reboot. Should I just roll with it or have Verizon replace the phone because they are willing to replace it for me.

What the heck should I do????

Last edited:

mari dub

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
It's almost been a month since I purchased my 64gb white verizon Galaxy S6. So far I had one black screen of death with the blue flashing LED and several dropped calls and signal issues. Verizon has worked with me and sent me a new SIM card, which actually solved my signal issues.

Then this morning I took the phone off the charger and it had the black screen of death again, this time with a solid green LED (not flashing). It took me over an hour to finally get the phone to reboot. Should I just roll with it or have Verizon replace the phone because they are willing to replace it for me.

Contact verizon and request a new phone not refurbished... SPECIFY NEW!!!

Posted from GS6 or Tab 10.5

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
when you get your phone to boot and respondong again what do you do to resolve that?

It's happened to me once and i ended up holding all 4 buttons down and it booted to a recovery menu i believe.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Get a replacement ASAP!

Throwbackent

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
I called and bitched. Got a $120 credit on my account so that I could get the 128gb version. Hopefully it works out better for me. Did I do good?

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I called and bitched. Got a $120 credit on my account so that I could get the 128gb version. Hopefully it works out better for me. Did I do good?

Try it and see if it works properly this time.

If it happens again, I'd personally look elsewhere. Maybe try another variant or get a different phone entirely.

But I'm certain it'll work fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caroltheresa61