Should I get Google Pixel 2 XL Now or Wait?

Android_Fan_1

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Hello, Don't know if I should post this here but

So recently my Google Pixel XL just turned itself off. I've been trying to get it to turn back on lately and have had no luck in getting it back on. Now, I've been eyeing the Google Pixel 2 XL and have had noticed the price is still steep for the phone. But with Google planning to announce the next gen Pixels I was curious on if I should wait on purchasing one till after the event since there is a good possibility on the price dropping alittle or if I should just purchase a new Pixel XL. instead since the price is low. Replies are much appreciated.

Android_Fan_1

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
You'll be able to order the Pixel 3 / 3 XL on Oct 9th.
That's only 9 days from today!
I'd wait!

I actually meant between the Google Pixel XL and Google Pixel XL 2. I believe the third generation Pixels are gonna be way out of my budget, hence why I'm stuck in whether I should wait for the price of the 2 XL to go down alittle bit further before purchasing or just getting the 1 XL.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I actually meant between the Google Pixel XL and Google Pixel XL 2. I believe the third generation Pixels are gonna be way out of my budget, hence why I'm stuck in whether I should wait for the price of the 2 XL to go down alittle bit further before purchasing or just getting the 1 XL.

OK. Historically we usually see prices lowering immediately after the release of updates. You should be safe buying today from stores that price match any lower prices that occur within a stated time period. For example Best Buy price matches if you find a lower price within 30 days and issues a refund for the price difference.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I don't know your budget but the smaller 3 might not be so bad

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hello, Don't know if I should post this here but

So recently my Google Pixel XL just turned itself off. I've been trying to get it to turn back on lately and have had no luck in getting it back on. Now, I've been eyeing the Google Pixel 2 XL and have had noticed the price is still steep for the phone. But with Google planning to announce the next gen Pixels I was curious on if I should wait on purchasing one till after the event since there is a good possibility on the price dropping alittle or if I should just purchase a new Pixel XL. instead since the price is low. Replies are much appreciated.

If it's between first gen pixel and 2nd go with the 2nd gen it will be supported for 2 more years

Android_Fan_1

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
IDK. I got a used one from swappa, last week and I'm digging it.

What troubleshooting have you done with your OG Pixel XL?
You could try booting into bootloader and see what you can do via fastboot.
If you are unfamiliar with that sort of thing look here
https://forum.xda-developers.com/pixel-xl/how-to

Apparently when I updated the OG Pixel XL with the September Security Update, the update ended up messing up how my phone was charging. There is an article I believe somewhere around the web that explains that certain Pixel XL Users were having this issue as well and I was one of them.

Android_Fan_1

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
I really would like to thank you guys for helping me out, as mentioned above the september security update messed up my Pixel XL. I ended up ordering the Pixel 2 XL for what I believe is a decent, below price that it is going for right now and just got in in the mail today. I have to say as someone who liked the Nexus 6, this phone is really light compare to it and the Pixel XL but I am really liking it so far!

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I really would like to thank you guys for helping me out, as mentioned above the september security update messed up my Pixel XL. I ended up ordering the Pixel 2 XL for what I believe is a decent, below price that it is going for right now and just got in in the mail today. I have to say as someone who liked the Nexus 6, this phone is really light compare to it and the Pixel XL but I am really liking it so far!

Enjoy your new Pixel 2 XL. I've loved my Pixel 2 XL for the past year. It's easily the best phone I've ever owned.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site