Should I get the Infuse or GS2?

Mikhailov

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm on AT&T, and I'm looking to try an Android phone with my upgrade. I bought an iPhone 4 last July, and although I'm happy with it, I'm a bit bored with having nothing but iPhones for 4 years. Oddly, I seem to be eligible for an upgrade. I played with an Infuse and love it, but I'm hearing good things about the GS2 Attain coming out. Today I saw I may be able to get the Infuse for free with my upgrade. For someone who wants to try hopping on the Android bandwagon, should I take advantage of the possible price of free or just wait for the GS2? I'm a pretty heavy user so battery life is a biggie for me.

ijip

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
i think both have decent batt life, but the gs2 will prob be better in that respect since the screen is smaller. the GS2 should be out in the next week or two, so you can either get the inspire now and exchange for the GS2 when it does arrive or just wait.... seems like the GS2 and nexus prime will be the two best android phones through the winter at least....

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Wait and go with the SGSII. It will come with Gingerbread already on the phone, while us infuse users are waiting for official Gingerbread. Its running dual core processor, infuse is single core. Another good reason to go with the SGSII is that it appears more devs are going to be switching to it. That means more community support, roms, and things of that nature.

Mikhailov

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah good points. The only reason I'm really considering the infuse is the price tag of free.

Plus isn't it possible to root and install a gingerbread Rom while I wait? If yes, that may effect my decision.

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
You can get the Infuse and flash a custom GB rom but what we have as of now isn't an official AT&T GB. It's based off of the Roger's Infuse GB and has a few kinks like 15fps video recording and MHL adapter not working (plugging phone into HDTV). Once AT&T GB is released though we should be fine from then on. I'm on a custom GB rom and the battery life difference alone is keeping me on it. You might as well wait on the SGS2 though. It is a flagship phone that will have more support and esp. more developing in the Android community.

Mikhailov

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the advice! I may wait on the Galaxy S2 then. Sounds like it'll be better. Hopefully my patience will hold out.

I think if I don't stick with Apple (and I probably won't) I definitely want a Samsung. I have a Samsung HDTV with Allshare and I wonder how they'll like each other.

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
the 2 on allshare should work well. I have an older samsung though and my ps3 will see my phone but for some reason doesn't play videos. probably because it's 3gp in a .mp4 container. music and pics show up fine. It all works great on the PC as well.

Mikhailov

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm not even 100% sure what Allshare is or how it works.

If it's anything like the Apple TV I have I guess I can always use that app double twist instead.

dwzard

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I have the Infuse and I love it! I was gonna wait for the gs2 but went with the infuse for the price and the larger screen. When it ugrades to GB it will probably work just as good as the g2 I'm thnking, thats why its not released yet, they keep stalling on the infuse upgrade because then it'll probably be almost identical to the g2 just with a bigger screen..A lil less internal storage and the 1.3 camera vs the 2.0 which you really cant tell the diffeerence..like between 720 and 1080p..Slight difference but 720p is excellent on the Infuse..Watching movies on it is superb and gaming is Nice..The Camera is Top Notch..:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shrubby18