Should I give it a try?

Akaleus

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I recently lost my iPhone which ended up working out nicely for me because I had planned on switching over to Android for some time! Yesterday, I went to BestBuy and picked up a Samsung GSII Skyrocket. I knew then that the S3 was supposed to come out around the beginning of July, but didn't know an exact date. My thinking was, I would get the skyrocket and try it out for 30 days. If I ended up liking the android platform (I'm loving it so far!) I would take it back and get an S3 if it comes out in the 30 day window.

Do you guys think I should do this or just stick with my skyrocket?

A friend of mine said that they have an old iPhone 3gs that I could borrow for a few weeks so I can get the S3. I'm thinking about doing that!

I guess I'm just a little worried with the S3 being a new phone for Samsung, should I jump on the new phone bandwagon or stay with one that's been tested and updated for the past couple years?

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I would so get the SG3, latest and best phone out. Thing about the Iphone 3, i don't know if it has a removable sim card, it's been a while since i had one.

Akaleus

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Cool. I'm pretty sure that's what I'm going to do! Friend says they have sim card trays so I should be able to switch. Getting really excited about it!

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
The processor in the SkyRocket is a piece of crap!!! The dpi on the SkyRocket also sucks sicne its 480x800 on a 4.55" display.

Now if we were talking the OG GSII (i777) that would be a different story lol. I pre-ordered the GSIII and can't wait but I still prefer the original GSII's design (especially the AT&T one)

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
My recommendation would to definitely go for the GSIII. You won't regret having the latest and greatest. Sure, there might be a couple tiny bugs that will need to get ironed out, but the Galaxy S III should be a great long-term device, even for phone junkies like myself.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Just pre-ordered my AT&T SG3 pebble blue. Taking a leap of faith having owned RIM devices for the past six years.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Just because you lost your iphone. Time to celebrate and try this phone. I am hating apple even more everyday, they are still trying to hurt HTC after HTC fixed their software. It never gets old with them. I might buy apple computer but I will never ever buy an apple phone. They need to just shut the F up and come up with their iFail 5 so they don't have to sue to compete.

Akaleus

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Just because you lost your iphone. Time to celebrate and try this phone. I am hating apple even more everyday, they are still trying to hurt HTC after HTC fixed their software. It never gets old with them. I might buy apple computer but I will never ever buy an apple phone. They need to just shut the F up and come up with their iFail 5 so they don't have to sue to compete.

Haha I know what you mean. My iPhone 4 was the first smartphone I've owned. I have to give apple props for the quality of the phone, it just worked and held together well for the 2 years I had it. But after having some time to play with an Android phone, there are so many features missing from the iPhone it's pretty rediculous.

I've secured an iPhone 3g from a friend for a few weeks until the SGIII comes out. Time to get pre-ordered!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bendytoy