Should I only use my Samsung smartphone sparingly?

Ethrelin

Feb 26, 2019
Visit site
Should I only use my Samsung smartphone sparingly since the OLED screen will get burn-in very easily and quickly even after only 1 year or less of use? Should I only use the device for a few minutes at a time? Is burn-in very noticeable?

ashune

Feb 4, 2018
Visit site
Burn-in will happen if your phone displays the same screen for a prolonged period of time, e.g. just your homescreen for a few hours. If you keep actively using it when the screen is on, you shouldn't worry too much. Depending on the quality of the screen, burn-in could appear after a couple of years of usage.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I've got Samsung devices nearly a year old without screen burn in, it's not a guaranteed easy thing to happen.

Unless you constantly use the same app/program for hours at a time or do so at max screen brightness in sun light frequently it shouldn't be something to worry about.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There are steps you can take to decrease the chance of burn-in. Most important is to make sure the screen timeout interval is not a long one -- I would set it to 30 seconds or less (i.e., if you're not doing anything on the phone for 30 seconds, the screen will automatically shut off).

A live wallpaper might help as well, rather than a static wallpaper.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Should I only use my Samsung smartphone sparingly since the OLED screen will get burn-in very easily and quickly even after only 1 year or less of use? Should I only use the device for a few minutes at a time? Is burn-in very noticeable?
I can give you a few tips , keep the default screen timeout 30 seconds, auto brightness on, don't leave the screen on for maps for pro long times as well as gaming .