Should I try a different sim card?

rxmorph

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I've had my nexus for about a month or so now and overall really enjoy it.. it is actually my first andriod device. A couple of my problems I am wondering about are:

-Person on other end of voice call fades in and out sometimes (I noticed this didnt occur as frequently when 4G was enabled however)

-I keep my device on 3G speed unless I need the extra speed in hopes that i am saving some sort of battery life (I have the extended battery). Although now since the update would I be better off keeping it on 4G since it seems my signal strength is better with LIT enabled or does all this sound like a SIM card issue?

-Voice dialer is still very quiet when activated using bluetooth device since the 4.0.4 update

Thanks

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Quality of voice calls shouldn't matter in 3g vs 4g mode. So they fade in and out, but they can hear you OK when you talk?

I keep my phone in 3g mode like you, unless I need the speed for something. 4g mode eats my battery very quickly for me, even with a strong signal. I think that's just the nature of the phone and 4g.

I can't comment on the voice dialer as I haven't had an issue with volume om my phone.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I think people use the app Volume+ to deal with the voice dialer volume problem... that is a known issue. May want to try Voice Search instead, though you need to speak clearly for it to dial your contact instead of a business with a similar sounding name! (hit the mic on the persistent search bar for Voice Search). For just dialing, the Voice dialer is better barring the volume problem.

I can't speak to the fade in/out you are getting. I leave my phone 4g all the time though, whether that matters ??

rxmorph

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Quality of voice calls shouldn't matter in 3g vs 4g mode. So they fade in and out, but they can hear you OK when you talk?

I keep my phone in 3g mode like you, unless I need the speed for something. 4g mode eats my battery very quickly for me, even with a strong signal. I think that's just the nature of the phone and 4g.

I can't comment on the voice dialer as I haven't had an issue with volume om my phone.
Well they can normally hear me ok i believe.. it is just sometimes their voice fades to a low volume and i can hardly hear them, if at all, for maybe 1.5 seconds..not really a pattern to it..just kind of happens randomly in calls.. maybe i will give it more time..may had to do with the location i was in, even tho i have a pretty good signal..not sure if a different SIM card could possibly give me a bit better and more consistant signal tho..
I think people use the app Volume+ to deal with the voice dialer volume problem... that is a known issue. May want to try Voice Search instead, though you need to speak clearly for it to dial your contact instead of a business with a similar sounding name! (hit the mic on the persistent search bar for Voice Search). For just dialing, the Voice dialer is better barring the volume problem.

I can't speak to the fade in/out you are getting. I leave my phone 4g all the time though, whether that matters ??
I will try those apps you mentioned.. I have read where few have had success with using the Volume+ app.. i believe i tried it for a few days after getting my phone but maybe i didnt have the setting set rigt or something.. I have been leaving my phone in 3G the majority of the time because i thought i have read, too, where it is easier on the battery, but like i said it just makes me wonder now because since the update it seems like i only get two bars a lot with 3G in decent service area and almost full with 4G.. thanks for the input! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minecraftchest2