Should I Under clock?

Ben Paterson

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Not sure whether to under clock because people have said that it turns off during the night and that it randomly reboots, is this true or false? And is the battery life much better after this? :)

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Not sure whether to under clock because people have said that it turns off during the night and that it randomly reboots, is this true or false? And is the battery life much better after this? :)

Posted via Android Central App

If you underclock too much, it can cause restarts. I think the RAM can't keep up and it dumps. Underclocking does save battery life, but I think the underclocking is more on the upper end, as opposed to the lower. Meaning cut the max clock speed the chip can handle.

beatyqnmd

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
That is a nice start to it
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
If you are looking to underclock to save battery life, then consider setting the governor to 'powersave'

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't, you would be undergrading the system and as mentioned you could cause the phone to act strangely. If you need better battery life, get juice defender or green power premium. Also I bought a Verbatim 2200 power pack charger. It charges my phone to 50 % and easily fits in your pocket.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
driodPixel