Show sensitive notification won't stay off, Nokia XR21

Thomas Nyholm

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi, got Android 14 on my Nokia XR21 the other day. Directly noticed I can see my WhatsApp messages on plain sight on lock screen. No biggie, go int settings and turn off the "Show sensitive notifications on lock screen" to off. Yay, now it shows there is a message from WhatsApp but it's hidden. Until maybe half a day or the next day the setting is back on. Has happened multiple times now. Tried to restart phone but still happens.

Any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you routinely power the phone off every night? If so, I wonder if that's why (although the setting you choose should still be remembered after a power cycle).

Thomas Nyholm

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you routinely power the phone off every night? If so, I wonder if that's why (although the setting you choose should still be remembered after a power cycle).
Thank you for your reply. It happens during the day, I might notice it say 9 in the morning that the notification has turned on again. I go into settings and turn it off. Then it might be at 14:00 I notice it has turned on again. Today I noticed they were on again at around 10:00, I turned them off and it has stayed off. No power cycling. I have tried to hold the powerbutton down over ten seconds so it does a hard boot but that was a few days ago and didn't help.

Sounds like a bug , see if you can report it

How do I report a bug?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for your reply. It happens during the day, I might notice it say 9 in the morning that the notification has turned on again. I go into settings and turn it off. Then it might be at 14:00 I notice it has turned on again. Today I noticed they were on again at around 10:00, I turned them off and it has stayed off. No power cycling. I have tried to hold the powerbutton down over ten seconds so it does a hard boot but that was a few days ago and didn't help.

How do I report a bug?
Try through here