Shuts off at 70% battety

Aaron6969

Jan 1, 2017
Visit site
My phone is getting progressively worse. It used to shut off at around 40% battery life but now it's 70%. I have to keep it on charge constantly. If I turn on the camera it shuts down then won't come back on. I bought a new battery but it does exactly the same thing. Please help as this is really annoy me. Thanks

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
My phone is getting progressively worse. It used to shut off at around 40% battery life but now it's 70%. I have to keep it on charge constantly. If I turn on the camera it shuts down then won't come back on. I bought a new battery but it does exactly the same thing. Please help as this is really annoy me. Thanks

Well, you obviously did the right thing replacing the battery in the first place. That is the textbook symptom of a battery with one or more failed (or failing) cell(s). There are other things that can cause the same symptom, like a failure on the charge level detection circuitry in the phone, and they do happen but they are rare.

It is possible you got a bad replacement battery. I would call the vendor and ask for a swap and give it one more try before delving into the land of hardware repair. If you bought it from eBay and especially if you bought it really cheaply, I'd be even more inclined to suspect a defective battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlantisx